FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed my oil and filter. AutoZone only had the Fram in stock, and needless to say, I'm not comfortable using Fram on every oil change. Plus, the cartridge was ten bucks, which in my opinion, is way overpriced.

What's the best oil filter (brand, part number, website, store, etc.) for the money? I'm not opposed to buying in bulk online, or spending $10+ on a good one. I'm just not content with spending too much money on the crappiest filter.

Fire away,
SBT

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=82031.0

Check that out. I compiled a listing of filters for our vehicles. The Motorcraft stock filter is great. In addition, the Wix/Napa Gold filter is a good one too. You can buy the Wix filters from www.fleetfilter.com for just over 3 bucks each. If you go to your local NAPA, you can get the Napa Gold filters for just under five. I have ten different filters that fit our cars and right now I'm running the Wix filter. Next filter I use will be the Purolator Pure One filter.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's quite the list you've compiled there. Exactly what I was looking for, I'd be interested to see the pics after usage to compare. I don't know what I replaced since I just bought the car in July, but it had been crushed.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=smallbigtall link=topic=88326.msg1694453#msg1694453 date=1189110224]
That's quite the list you've compiled there. Exactly what I was looking for, I'd be interested to see the pics after usage to compare. I don't know what I replaced since I just bought the car in July, but it had been crushed.
[/quote]

another good place to look for filters is e-bay. i got 4 mazda3 filters with shipping they were just a little over $3 each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts