FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyones opinion on the best long lasting stuff to shine the tires with? I had been using that Black Magic Tire Wet that smells like cherries....anyone have any thoughts on whats best?

I know Armor All use to turn brown and crappy looking after a few days....STP Son of a Gun was ok but im sure there are better so gimme a holler.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'd like to see some posts from people who have tried a variety of products (to save me the trouble) and then decided on one favorite product.

Zanio makes a good product. Some of the dressings "spin off" and make a mess around the fender wells, even when properly applied.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=urnews link=topic=69228.msg1200593#msg1200593 date=1171207087]
I'd like to see some posts from people who have tried a variety of products (to save me the trouble) and then decided on one favorite product.

Zanio makes a good product. Some of the dressings "spin off" and make a mess around the fender wells, even when properly applied.
[/quote]

Right Boz, Thats what my intentions of this post were....hoping some experienced detailers could help us cut through the marketing hype and give us the top 3.

G

·
I also use Meguir's Tire Shine. It last long, I've driven through salt and dirt and repels the dirt and grime like nothing. I'm really satisfied with the stuff.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I gave up on them. I used to use the Meguiars that smelled grapey. Wheels, wheelwells, etc. were a mess. Not sure if was spinoff or driving in rain, etc. Unless I'm in a car show, I skip the stuff.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=69228.msg1204723#msg1204723 date=1171386747]
I use an actual wax tire shine. Pick'd it up @ a local Discount Tire. Stuff never goes away!
[/quote]
Does the "stuff" have a brand name?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I started using the Armor All extreme tire shine gel. I picked it up because it was on sale for $3, I think. It comes with a sponge applicator. I think is works pretty well. I didn't notice any "slingage". This shine is good, but not as blinding as some others (which some don't like anyway). I haven't used it now for a few months since it's been to freakin cold but I would say average life before re-application was about 2.5-3 weeks.

There was this product line we used to use at a car dealer called Cherry Bomb? that was crazy. One of the clean up kids sprayed one of the tires on my truck that I never washed as a joke. I swear for 3 or 4 months after that every time it rained that one tire shone like the sun.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Armor All extreme tire shine gel with sponge applicator works really well. If you can find it there is a Armor All Detailers foam in a spray can that works good but I do not know if they still make it? Black Magic has a new one out with a sponge applicator that you squeeze the gel thru to the tire, it works good. Most of the pump stuff will sling onto the car and wheel wells...it has to be thick! If you can get any type of Mequiers in a squeeze type bottle, that is always good. I get good coverage with that by applying it with my bare hand, but make sure tires are CLEAN!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
[quote author=urnews link=topic=69228.msg1205034#msg1205034 date=1171400149]
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=69228.msg1204723#msg1204723 date=1171386747]
I use an actual wax tire shine. Pick'd it up @ a local Discount Tire. Stuff never goes away!
[/quote]
Does the "stuff" have a brand name?
[/quote]

Speed shine wax? Im not exactly sure its all branded Discount tire this and that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use Wolfgangs Black Diamond Tire Gel. Gives me the look I want and a little goes a long way.
http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/wg4700.html
Here's how it looks

After an hour of sitting I can take the stang out for some spirited driving and zero sling and I get depnding on weather 2-3 weeks. The longer you use it the more the tire absorbs it so even if you don't use it in 2 months the tires still look dark black.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[quote author=hwm3 link=topic=69228.msg1200624#msg1200624 date=1171209793]
I use Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Gel. Looks great, lasts weeks and doesn't spin off.
[/quote] I second the meguirs Endurance tire gel, although over time it tends to build up to a "goo" and needs to be wiped off with a towel. I also love "No Touch" tire shine, sprays on easy and it makes your tires look wonderful.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
To me, mostly all tire dressings get the same effect. It just depends on how you apply it. Some require you to have to use more which is the difference. I get the cheap stuff, mainly the Tire Foam from the Dollar stores. I spray it on in one circular motion. I do each tire after the next. I go back to the first one and use a rag to gently spread the foam over the whole tire. If you want the best effect out of this cheap stuff, do it in direct sunlight. It seems to dry it faster and causes a superior shine. It may not last as long as the more expensive ones, but I was my car a lot so I bleach white my tires each time. I haven't tried the Meguires brand, but I will to see if I like it better.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Another vote for Meg's Endurance, never had a problem with it, nice even shine, decent durability, ease of use, great value, no sling off. Also, look on-line for " PoorBoy's " products, a very nice line of car care products, their " Bold & Bright " tire dressing is really good. The new Armor All Extreme is anoter good one.
As a good measure, let the dressing set for an hour or so, then wipe off any excess, should = no sling off

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.