FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today in the morning there was a big rock or cement stick.. something hard... well i didnt get out of it's way fast enough and just heard a big thump/bang/flop... hehe u get it... and then the flat tire sound...

i took it out and then saw a big bend from the inside of the rim.... tire has a slight tear but not sure how bad it is if any..

1: is this fixble?
2: if not the dealer want 300 bucks for 1.. there anywhere cheaper?

im in miami so if any-1 in miami,fl have local ideas let me know...

any-1 here selling?

·
Registered
221 Posts
It would help to tell us what trim level so we know what rim you got.

Better yet give us a pic of the rim so we know how bad is damage.

BTW $300 installed for tire & rim from dealer sounds like a steal.

·
Registered
224 Posts
From the dealer an SEL wheel will run $288 and a Michelin tire $225. I had to get a new wheel (brick wall, wife in reverse) and purchased from bro-in-law (Ford dealer) for $175. It pays to have connections. I got screwd on the tire!

·
Registered
297 Posts
[quote author=mundy link=topic=72416.msg1277182#msg1277182 date=1174343215]
today in the morning there was a big rock or cement stick.. something hard... well i didnt get out of it's way fast enough and just heard a big thump/bang/flop... hehe u get it... and then the flat tire sound...

i took it out and then saw a big bend from the inside of the rim.... tire has a slight tear but not sure how bad it is if any..

1: is this fixble?
2: if not the dealer want 300 bucks for 1.. there anywhere cheaper?

im in miami so if any-1 in miami,fl have local ideas let me know...

any-1 here selling?
[/quote]

What size wheel and tire?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for late reply.. it's SEL 17inch working on getting a pic... on ebay i see 169 +90 shipping and i get 4 rims.. that might be my best deal...

dealer said 300 for rim alone...

·
Registered
477 Posts
My wife ran over a big rock one time going about 40 mph. She said it was like the size of a basketball. :shock: It hit both driver side rims. Instantly blowing out the tires. Both rims were bent and it was $200+ for each tire and it was a little over $200 for each rim. The bill was almost a grand. Se trim 16" wheels. I can't beleive how much they rapre you for those rims. I could of almost bought a set of aftermarket wheels and tires. If it happened again I would definetely buy from ebay. Much cheaper.

·
Registered
224 Posts
There is a Ford bold moves video clip where it shows them putting the Fusion thru several daily driving situations. This women test drivers get's er up to 50 mph then drives up and over a curb with both right side wheels and nothing happens..............................?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts