FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a bluish sometimes green substance forming around the + end of the battery terminal.

ITS ALL OVER THE TERMINAL. It made me jump start my car today.

Called ford and they will take a look at it.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I would have it @ the dealership ASAP, and not leave till its been removed and they can find the source of the problem!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Out of curiousity, what spurred you to jump start it?? And keep us posted on your situation. Weird.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I would think it of it as acid, but not in that color. May be a bad battery.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sounds like battery acid to me. Why did you jump the car? Helping someone else or was your battery dead?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I figured it out today.

Yes it is battery acid oxidization that took place on the terminal which is causing all of the corrosion looking material.

As for the dead battery, turns out my dad, drove the car, and left the lights on.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=79614.msg1466884#msg1466884 date=1181166668]
turns out my dad, drove the car, and left the lights on.
[/quote]

:dur:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Now its time to solve the problem: buy a solution at an auto parts store that will eliminate and prevent battery acid (I usually buy another battery) and don't let your dad drive your car again. :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to the Ford dealership and got the low down today.

Yes my dad did drain my battery, BUT their is more to the story.

This is to those who have a subwoofer or two in your trunk.

He told me our regular batteries can not handle a system. It draws to much power heating up the battery. A rubber gasket melted allowing acid to seap up through the + terminal causing the corrosion. This corrosion then fused the engine cable harness to the + terminal making it unseperable and destroying the wire harness. LUCKILY the service manager was in a good mood because it was his b-day and said, we will take care of it. So they ordered me a new wire harness and gave me a new battery all free.

He said the solotion to the problem is to go get a battery specifically designed to take that kind of load.

THE END.

Total time at dealership: 3 HOURS!!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Thanks for the info man, and you are lucky that the guy was in a good mood because they would have definitely charged you a lot for that. I suggest any upgrades to your car should not be supported by factory equipment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=79614.msg1469103#msg1469103 date=1181242452]
Thanks for the info man, and you are lucky that the guy was in a good mood because they would have definitely charged you a lot for that. I suggest any upgrades to your car should not be supported by factory equipment.
[/quote]

Yeah, for now I took the fuse out of the amplifier. Until I get a new battery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts