FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster:

I just got back from vacation; I was gone from Sat to Sat. When I went out to start my Fusion it was dead. I only gave 8500 miles on my '07. The weird thing was that the car was making a "noise", it was coming from under the dash on the driver’s side. It was originating around the brake pedal up close to the steering column. The car was making this noise while it was dead.

So, I jumped the car, and all has been well since, no more noise, but the computer got re-programmed as my mileage went to zero as did everything else on the computer, but my radio stations stayed, go figure.

So do any of you guys have any idea what this "noise" might have been, or what caused the car to die?

Thanks (ask away if you need more info)
2007 V6 SEL AWD

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Welcome to the forums :cheers:.
I know this is going to be hard to describe, but what kind of noise did you have? Tick/hum etc. Did it completely reset the vehicle mileage?

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
The clicking was probably either the starter or a relay.

As for the mileage, if your odometer was completely reset, that's not supposed to happen :shock:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

The odometer did not reset, but all other items did (MPG, average speed etc). The noise is best described as mechanical in nature, like something rotating. At first I thought I had a mouse or something eating the wires. It sounded like an un-lubricated speedo cable on an old car, rotating and creaking if that makes sense.

When you depress the brake pedal there is some kind of gray actuator with a white plunger about half way up the pedals shaft, and when this moved the noise stopped, it might be unrelated, who knows.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=myothercarisa72buick link=topic=84665.msg1596854#msg1596854 date=1185799649]
Thanks for the replies guys.

The odometer did not reset, but all other items did (MPG, average speed etc).
[/quote]

Whew!! Glad to hear it...that had federal gooberment written all over it. Can u say.........MAJOR RECALL? With the feds you can murder rape and pillage but you screw with an "odie" you'll do an eternity in the pokey. :lol:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=84665.msg1596872#msg1596872 date=1185800768]

Whew!! Glad to hear it...that had federal gooberment written all over it. Can u say.........MAJOR RECALL? With the feds you can murder rape and pillage but you screw with an "odie" you'll do an eternity in the pokey. :lol:
[/quote]

Wow. I didn't know it would be that serious to screw with the "odie".
"an eternity in the pokey." :rofl: :evillaugh: :lmao:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts