FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 6CD Premium sound system in my 07 Fusion SE. I was wondering if anybody knew the actual specs of the system (sensitivity, RMS power, peak power)? I'm used to having aftermarket receivers and keeping my volume fairly high, but I've heard that because of the sometimes poor power output of stock decks/amps that you should not turn the volume up beyond 1/2 of the way? I find that when i turn the volume on the stereo beyond maybe 5 or 6 full lines, the bass stops increasing with the mids and highs. Is this normal? Any thoughts or opinions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sadly I do not know the stock specs however, stock door speakers were not designed to play anything below about 65hz at high volume. All of your low end response is going to be in the 25-60hz range. It is not a result of poor output in your stock deck, just the inability of 5x7 speakers to play frequencies designated for subwoofers at high volume.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually it is due to the stock head unit. The new Ford stock headunits stop increasing bass output at a certain volume to help protect the speakers from blowing due to distortion. Its not due to poor design its due to Ford trying to idiot proof their factory radios.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.