FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hanging out with a buddy this weekend, and he started talking about his freshly chipped '06 Jetta 2.0T and how impressed he was with the power. His car and mine have similar mods, so we decided to take them out and see how they compare. First we hit up some nice winding country roads, and both cars handled that very well. Next was a little trip on the freeway, where we went at it from a 60mph roll a few times. Each time he would get about a fender ahead of me, and then just stay there. In one run we took it from 60 to ~130mph, and he just wasn't able to pull away, which really pissed him off. I came away from this very impressed, especially since I'm only on the 87 octane tune, and his Jetta is running 93. Needless to say, I'd highly recommend the tuning, as it makes an already impressive car just that much better.

And since fuel mileage has been discussed quite a bit lately, I'm happy to say I'm still averaging over 24mpg, with driving split about 50/50 city/highway. 8)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Glad to hear its going well!! That is pretty impressive!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
That is awesome! Wait till you try the torque tune! Your buddy will be even more pissed off.

·
Registered
297 Posts
just saw JEGS has the SCT LIVEWIRE TUNER for sale on thier website for sale pre-loaded with 3 tunes. :shock:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=watufaka link=topic=66418.msg1140461#msg1140461 date=1168357318]
just saw JEGS has the SCT LIVEWIRE TUNER for sale on thier website for sale pre-loaded with 3 tunes. :shock:
[/quote]

But Jegs is not a site sponsor! Please support our sponsors! What are you saving?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Which one of them has it ????? point me in the right way if your will.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The LIVEWIRE is not out yet!! Jegs has had it on their site for months, but it is not avail yet. early spring 07 is what I have been told. I will be the first to know when it comes out, and you guys will be the second!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks !

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Besides, buying a tuner from Jegs is gonna get you generic "canned" tunes, not custom tuning like Bama Chips provides.

·
Registered
440 Posts
As far as I know, the LiveWire wont even come with canned tunes for the fusion. They are made for more popular models, but we will be using them to hold custom Fusion tuning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts