FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: This is just my opinion!

I went to the official Ford Motor Company Fusion web site and they now have several ads from their fusion campaign in the gallery section. First of all, they are not funny. Second, I think they were intended to be. Some of them are actually kinda nauseating. They don't show the car off enough, and you end up thinking more about garbage and poop than the product, literally! I'm in marketing and I must say, I don't know what Ford was thinking. Younger people will more than likely be insulted and think the ads are lame, and older demographics will probably think the ads are low brow and gross. Bad move! Some exciting music and great shots of the car would have been a much better approach, just ask Cadillac. The ad does not pass the cherios test at all! When viewing the ads, ask your self, "who is this ad trying to appeal to?" I was unable to answer that question...

http://www.fordvehicles.com/futurevehicles/2006fusion/

·
Registered
105 Posts
They could have been worse, remember those "Making the Dream Come True" ads for the 96 Taurus? I'm in marketing too and I think they'd be better off actually selling the car rather than trying to "connect" with Gen-X. Make a case as to why someone should buy this car instead of a Hyundai. Also they should work Ford heritage into some of the ads. They should sell the Fusion as the car you buy when your other car is a Mustang or F-150.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I haven't since a new Fusion ad in some time. The only one I remember is the woman paying for the guy's laundry. I remember it, but it was still dumb. Boz

·
Registered
910 Posts
The commercial with the girl was alright. I like the commercial with the guy picking up his future boss at the airport-that was a good one. I can't find these new ones your talking about. The edge commercial shows the car off with some nice music that fits it well.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
Hi Boz and otaku. In case you haven't figured it out, I thought I should let you know why you both can't find the new Fusion ads that MParrott is talking about. This thread originated on 10/24/05, over a year ago :shock:. Any ads related to this thread would be quite old by now (as far as television advertising goes).
Good luck guys. :klavergreg:

Edited - ThanksMister Fusion :dur:. I got a D in Typing and Reading 101!

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=32166.msg1139666#msg1139666 date=1168307660]
Hi Boz and otaku. In case you haven't figured it out, I though I should let you know why you both can't find the new Fusion ads that MParrott is talking about. This thread originated on 10/24/06, over two and a half months ago :shock:. Any ads related to this thread would be quite old by now (as far as television advertising goes.
[/quote]

Correction: 10.24.2005

·
Registered
910 Posts
Actually it seems they are over a year old haha

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=Mister Fusion link=topic=32166.msg1139956#msg1139956 date=1168316588]
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=32166.msg1139666#msg1139666 date=1168307660]
Hi Boz and otaku. In case you haven't figured it out, I though I should let you know why you both can't find the new Fusion ads that MParrott is talking about. This thread originated on 10/24/06, over two and a half months ago :shock:. Any ads related to this thread would be quite old by now (as far as television advertising goes.
[/quote]

Correction: 10.24.2005
[/quote]
Mister Fusion,
I realize that. I was just trying to revive the thread: New Fusion (Milan, MKZ) ads anyone? The new Milan ad of the woman driving a guy to work, talking about the MP3 jack, navigation system that ends with a reference to the boss (her car) is lame, too, but at least it talks about the Milan's features. Boz

·
Registered
910 Posts
Then you have the new lincoln ads with the guy and girl going for a weekend cruise where he gets the scarecrows clothes. I thought it was ok. Then the one with the guy sending a pic of the mkz via cell phone to his girl at the jewelry store (christmas ad)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Amen brother. I bought a Milan thinking I'd get a piece of her too. Just kidding. She is hawt though.

·
Registered
421 Posts
[quote author=Futura06 link=topic=32166.msg451401#msg451401 date=1130190820]
They should sell the Fusion as the car you buy when your other car is a Mustang or F-150.
[/quote] Your both in marketing? Then why would you narrow your market to the upper middle class 40 year olds. The fusion is a versitle vehicle, With minor modification it can eighter go elegant or sporty. They are better to reach the average consumer. In acouple of years the boomers are going to the blue haired crowd and, the younger generation will be more frequently buying the foriegn sport compacts if ignored! The best thing they could do is to show a commercial with two heavily modified fusions gearing up for a street race at an intersection. Two young racers reving up and speeding off! Then pan over to a forty some year old man in his elegant fusion or Zepher shaking his head almost as if he where thinking back to when he was a dumb kid! Then have a voice over say, "Every generation has to make it's mark, Ford Bold Moves"!

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=MParrott link=topic=32166.msg450850#msg450850 date=1130163817]
Disclaimer: This is just my opinion!

The ad does not pass the cherios test at all!

[/quote]
What's the Cherrios test?
Boz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts