FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 Fusion SEL and I have always had bad reception in my car when it came to stations. I have the fricken window antenna... Anyone have the same problem and anyone have any ideas to fix it. I had installed a new radio and all that hoping to fix the problem and still same problem. Took it in the dealership and they blame it on the amp. When they turn the amp off the reception was fine... and then when the amp powerd on the reception went to hell. So I don't know what to do. I hate having a bad ass system and I cant enjoy the radio =/.

Thx if anyone can help.

·
Registered
833 Posts
How is the amp wired? Direct 12V with a switch? w/a remote switch? What wires are you using?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
May have a ground that is not so good. Try re grounding to another spot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
do your power wires cross any where near your ant. wire? other then back of HU if so re route power and signal can equal cross talk thus twisted pair wiring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=TastyMilan link=topic=74443.msg1329015#msg1329015 date=1176343145]
do your power wires cross any where near your ant. wire? other then back of HU if so re route power and signal can equal cross talk thus twisted pair wiring.
[/quote]

I think that is possible.

I will try to ground it some where else. I don't know much about shit like this... but I would talk to my friends.
Thx guys for the help. Hope I can repost with good news.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Um... yeah. I just hooked up a new stereo and two new amps. And I lost FM. And I have I have zero intention of trying to fix it today. (i just spent a few a hours in the sun already) Would love to hear what fixed it for you guys tho. And for the record, I've done this sort of operation on no less than five vehicles in 16 yrs.... This is a completely random experience. I just remembered some guys saying this happened to them, so I'm trying to read up on it before I act.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts