FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there's any lowering springs for an awd out there yet? Just got back from a road trip through the rockies, needs suspension help. Did the same trip 3 weeks after I bought the car and didn't really notice the handling, or lack of because I only ha 1200 kms. on the car so wasn't used to it and took it pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
www.hrsprings.com has them for all fusions including awd. Now just need to save some cash to buy the coil overs. Don't want to cheap out, like to do them once and then it's done.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thank Goodness I've been waiting for someone with an AWD car to install springs and post results for................FOREVER

Can you post pics pls. I have seen some 2wd models with the HR springs and the rear end looks alot lower than the front.

Let me know how you liked them and pls pls post pics for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have them yet, I'm going to buy them after Christmas and put them on at the same time as my new wheels and 3d carbon body kit. I'm going to splurge and buy the awd coil overs because they're adjustable. I don't want the ass-end dropped way lower than the front.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm planning on the H&R coil overs as well for my AWD. I've been told lowering springs will destroy the stock shocks in 6 months. From the talk around here that doesn't seem to be the case, but if the coil overs are better I'll go for those. Post some pics when you get them.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=ryan2112 link=topic=88602.msg1823729#msg1823729 date=1193877725]
I'm planning on the H&R coil overs as well for my AWD. I've been told lowering springs will destroy the stock shocks in 6 months. From the talk around here that doesn't seem to be the case, but if the coil overs are better I'll go for those. Post some pics when you get them.
[/quote] I will for sure, one more payday and my rims/tires will be paid for, then will order springs/body kit. I'm not driving my car in the winter, which is expected to start any day now, so probably won't install this stuff until March. P.S. I know my car is an AWD, the reason I'm not driving it through the winter is that they salt the hell out of the roads here to control ice and it makes a hell of a mess of everything: pitting aluminum, pitting windshields, pitting headlight lenses, etc... Plus being in the middle of the Canadian oil patch, there's alot of heavy truck traffic throwing rocks, fozen mud, ice, etc...Not worth it in my opinion, I've got a company truck when I'm on shift and an '88 chev beretta I don't give a crap about when I'm not.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool. I'm going to order mine in 2 weeks or so. :cheers: Did you order the sport springs or the coil-overs? I'm going to get the coil overs because they are adjustable. According to my Fusion workshop manual the rear of an awd sits a full half inch lower than the fwd.

·
Registered
619 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=88602.msg1975686#msg1975686 date=1199762748]
According to my Fusion workshop manual the rear of an awd sits a full half inch lower than the fwd.
[/quote]

That's a bit misleading. Using the "spec" measurement the number will read about a half inch lower. But that's because an AWD subframe has the inner control arm pivot point about a half inch lower. The actual distance from the fender to the ground is roughly the same AWD to FWD.

·
Registered
75 Posts
amen Waldo im getting my work done this weekend so i will let you all know how they came out oh and i am just installing springs for now.

ill post picks as soon as i can :)

Grant

·
Registered
3 Posts
[quote author=Grant link=topic=88602.msg1980498#msg1980498 date=1199912750]
amen Waldo im getting my work done this weekend so i will let you all know how they came out oh and i am just installing springs for now.

ill post picks as soon as i can :)

Grant
[/quote]

Do you have any pictures yet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts