FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone who has a 2007 Job 2 Fusion please post pictures of your auxiliary input jack in the center armrest. When I asked the dealer about mine he told me the 12-volt power adapter WAS the AIJ. Yeah, I'll just go ahead and plug my iPod into that!

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't have access to a camera to get you a picture BUT I just picked up my 2007 fusion and in the console is a 12volt jack, and right next to it is the I-pod jack.. It's basicly a small round stero plug.. If your 07 was made before sept 5th, it won't have it.. Mine was made on the 29th.. I think an easy way to know is do you have a antenna on the roof ? I think they started adding that on JOB2 cars after sept 5th as well

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Scottyboy.

I'll take your post back to the dealer and see what he has to say. If anyone could please post pics of this jack it would give my dealer more of a visual to know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Scottyboy is right-on here. Just look for any Fusion model that has a rooftop antenna. ALL 2007 Job 2 vehicles have rooftop antennas and the audio input jack. It's a 1/8" jack, exactly the same style as the headphone jack on an iPod (except for the new iPod shuffle, of course).

This works great. I've been listening primarily to my iPod while driving. Sounds better than the radio... The owner's manual says to adjust the music device's volume up until the sound level matches what you hear on the radio input. For my 4th gen. black and white iPod, I found that this means turning the iPod volume all the way up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took a look behind my radio. There are 2 plugs with multiple wires on each. these are your typical car stereo type plugs with 10 or more wires on each. It doesn't look like an easy upgrade for an 06. there is no separatre add on wire. its all part of the car harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts