FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get back to that Aux input on the 6 CD changer radio. I am told by the dealer that there is an extra set of inputs there. I would liike to run a cable to connect my MP3 player to it. (Archos Gmini 400)

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Take a drive over and I'd be happy to have fun ripping your car apart ;) j/k
I assume the Ford system is not the same as the Mazda system, which uses digital interconnects? Even forgetting that, I'd be rather surprised if there's actually an open aux-in port... that's uncommon on factory units. Anyone else actually done anything with this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer did say that a steroe installer with the right tools could get behind the unit where there is (according to the dealer) RCA inputs....there is an AUX button on the front of the stereo unit. Just wondering if anyone has experience with it and if it is something I could tackle myself.

THANKS~

·
Registered
54 Posts
Their is no RCA outputs! I have the audiophile systm and had the line out converter put in today at best buy.. $90 for amp/adapter/wiring.. Good Job by the way. It just took all day...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I upgraded my system in my Fusion by getting a Kicker amp and 12" subwoofer. I did'nt have to buy a rca converter because the Kicker amp already had a built-in converter. This will save you a little money if you want to keep the stock stereo.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Or you can find on eBay a Mach500, or shaker500/1000 out of a Mustang and throw it in there. Same plug, and has the AUX inputs. There's a possibility to losing the steering wheels control, though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I lost my steering wheel audio functionality after i put my alpine in but gained a remote so no loss. maybe alpine with their devine wisdom will make a converter so i can re-gain my functionality.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
AUX INPUT (RCA IN):
Here is what you need:
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=973
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=971

This allows for aux input into the back of your 6 disc premium. When following the instructions, please note that the dip switch settings are incorrect. Turn on switches 1, 2, and 3. After that hook all the cables up and you are set to have aux audio coming into your stereo. Very handy for all the useres without ipods or any other type of audio that you want to bring into your stereo.

If you have an ipod and you want to charge it you can get one of these:
http://www.sik.com/imp.php

This allows line levels out so you dont use the click wheel to adjust the volume, and allows you to charge your ipod at the same time. It connects through the dock connector for audio out and charging.

RCA OUT:
Just get a line level out converter. it goes from speaker level out and converts to line level out (RCA). This works great for installing amps.

EDIT: I saw people were tlaking about two different things so i put rca in and rca out for clarification.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I read that the 2007 Fusion will have a radio with the 3.5mm input jack. I wonder once the 2007 model is out, if that radio can be put into an 06 model. I'm really disappointed with the lack of an auxillary adapter for this car that's been out for almost a year. And the fact that most adapters out there work for the Milan and the Zephyr just makes it worse. I mean, what's so special about this version of the radio? I just hope the 2007 radio works out because using an FM modulator sucks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote author=NS4683 link=topic=33751.msg934190#msg934190 date=1157513083]
I read that the 2007 Fusion will have a radio with the 3.5mm input jack. I wonder once the 2007 model is out, if that radio can be put into an 06 model. I'm really disappointed with the lack of an auxillary adapter for this car that's been out for almost a year. And the fact that most adapters out there work for the Milan and the Zephyr just makes it worse. I mean, what's so special about this version of the radio? I just hope the 2007 radio works out because using an FM modulator sucks.
[/quote]

yeah but if you think about it, the info i just provided for the 2006 fusion would cost less then purchasing a 2007 fusion radio off of ebay... and it achieves the exact same thing right now!

·
Registered
63 Posts
[quote author=sternyy link=topic=33751.msg934221#msg934221 date=1157514044]
[quote author=NS4683 link=topic=33751.msg934190#msg934190 date=1157513083]
[/quote]

yeah but if you think about it, the info i just provided for the 2006 fusion would cost less then purchasing a 2007 fusion radio off of ebay... and it achieves the exact same thing right now!
[/quote]

I understand that, but I want to see if the dealer can hook me up with something before I purchase an adapter.

·
Registered
359 Posts
true true... let us know what you find from the dealer... and what it costs to see what would work best. Who knows maybe ford has an adapter for under $120. I just found this solution to work best because its under $120 and can be done now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stern

Do you think adding these two items (for the aux input) will in any way void the warranty for the radio?

Dave

·
Registered
359 Posts
i have no idea if it would void the warranty... but it does not require you to splice anything. The harness hooks right into the so if you ever took it in just unplug the harness and take the box out :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts