FordFusionClub.com banner

Aux Audio Input Jack????***pic updated dealer fix***

13K views 60 replies 15 participants last post by  furious1auto 
#1 ·
Was looking on my window sticker and it shows Auxiliary Audio Input Jack-Center Console but i cannot find anything there. The dealer said something about and i-pod jack is that this? And if i have an 07 should i have this? Any pics of what it looks like and were it should be?

#2 ·
Re: Aux Audio Input Jack????

Hi slaterracing. If the aux input jack is in the same place on the Fusion as it is on the MKZ, it is inside your center console. Open the console lid, and it will be inside, towards the bottom, on the front side (closest to the dash).
Good luck with the new car!

#4 ·

[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=64805.msg1112669#msg1112669 date=1166552539]
Looked last night and i do not have it i must have an early 07. What are the chances of the dealer installing it for me at no charge? should be fun
[/quote]

They won't... Had the same problem with mine. I test drove a couple of Fusions and I only checked the first one for the aux input jack. The first SE I drove, had it. But the '07 I bought didn't.

:(

#5 ·

[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=64805.msg1112669#msg1112669 date=1166552539]
Looked last night and i do not have it i must have an early 07. What are the chances of the dealer installing it for me at no charge? should be fun
[/quote]

Hello again, slaterracing! Actually, since it is listed as included equipment on your cars window sticker, Ford will need to do something to rectify the situation.
I understand the situation some other people have had, wherein they thought their car had a feature because it was listed in the sales brochure, but then it was not included on their car due to some type of production change. That is a different situation, and Ford covers itself with a disclaimer in the fine print of the brochure. However, yours is a case where it is listed on the window sticker as included equipment. If a production change was made, the window sticker must reflect that change. I would make the analogy of an AM/FM CD changer being listed as standard equipment on your window sticker, and then not being in the car when you buy it. If it is listed on the sticker, it must be on the car. You paid for a listed feature, so something needs to be done to fix the problem.
If you can not get any satisfaction from your dealer, bump it up a notch and call the customer satisfaction number listed in your owners manual. You should either get the auxiliary jack installed, or some other benefit of agreeable nature to you and Ford. I know someone on the forums said they were able to negotiate a remote start system being installed instead of some missing standard equipment.
Good luck, and please keep us updated.

PS - I am sure I don't need to tell anyone this, but figured I would play it safe...be insistent, but polite. You may need to speak to a few people, and insist on speaking to a few supervisors, but you will eventually get the right person. Just do not get impatient or nasty, it never helps. Good luck!

#6 ·

I will see what i can do. I goes to the dealer tomorrow morning to get a speaker replaced that is rattling so i am going to start talking to them at that point. I have been in phone customer service (call centers) for over 10 years and know how to play the game about getting what i want. Sometimes it takes a few people but i normally get taken care of. :lol:

#8 ·

Ok just picked up the fusion and had a good time at the dealer :lol:. First thing the sales manager tells is that i have an S not and SE or SEL and that is why i do not have the jack. At that point i showed him in the brochure that it states the aux is standard. He tells me i am reading it wrong :shock:. I informed him that i was not and explained that he was reading it wrong. So at that point he gets onto fords web site and it says on there it is standard. Then he gets this very large book out that has all 07 cars in it and on the first page under standard equip on the fusion it is there. So then he turns to the audio section and it again shows it should be there and all he could do is shake his head :D. He finally found on the dealers network that says Fusions built before Sept 04 would not have it :(. I said you can see that everything i can see and everything you can see but that one page show i should have it plus my sales person said i should have it. He said yes it is very missleading and he is going to call ford corp tomorrow morning and see what he can do because it is not right if 07 has it all 07's should have it. So i will have to wait and see what happens next week when i call him. Since X-mas is monday i will give him until next Wed to give me a call then i will bug that crap out of him until i get something done. i will have fun with this but the good thing is the sales manager seems to be on my side.

#10 ·

:D well i just got off the phone with my dealer and customer service. I have to options one is to take the FM modulator or two is to trade my car in on a new car that has the jack in it. Not sure what i am going to do. I love my car and i want the black 5 speed manual and they do not have any others. My new spoiler will be here tomorrow. I guess i could have it painted another color but not sure what to do. What do you guys think.

#11 ·

I bought several FM modulators for my Samsung MP3 for a previous car and they all sucked. I returned each one and just gave up on using my MP3 in the car. Obviously if you trade in your car you'll take a huge hit with depreciation and they'll just make more money off you. I think I'd look for an option 3, which would be anything you find of value that the dealer can give you- free oil changes, $100 cash, etc. to replace the missing jack. Just my thoughts- for whatever they are worth.

#12 ·

The Kenwood KOS-A200 is a good product that uses FM modulation. It is far superior to any FM modulator I've heard before. It does use RDS to display text and will allow you to use the Kenwood IPOD adapter for full control with the included remote. A lot of people will tell you that FM modulation sucks but there are good and bad modulators. Now, I do have the THX II system in my Zephyr so that may be why I'm not having any static or distortion issues. I am very picky about sound too. I only bought this device to test with and I've decided to keep using it. I also have an '03 Explorer with a competition system in it so I'm no idiot when it comes to sound. The only other thing I can add is that I have an open frequency to use here where I live. I haven't travelled out of my area yet so I don't know if there will be any interference issues. A quality FM modulator should be just fine with an MP3 player or satellite radio.

#13 ·

[quote author=ming321 link=topic=64805.msg1122396#msg1122396 date=1167255824]
I bought several FM modulators for my Samsung MP3 for a previous car and they all sucked. I returned each one and just gave up on using my MP3 in the car. Obviously if you trade in your car you'll take a huge hit with depreciation and they'll just make more money off you. I think I'd look for an option 3, which would be anything you find of value that the dealer can give you- free oil changes, $100 cash, etc. to replace the missing jack. Just my thoughts- for whatever they are worth.
[/quote]

i would not do the trade in unless they paid off the loan without adding the diff back to the new loan. They will have to give me full value of the car or i would not do it. I just checked there web site and they do have 1 black 5 speed on the lot but it is a SE and i do not want that. All i want is the S. So will just have to wait until he calls be back with what FM Modulator he wants to give me then i will do some checking on it to see if it has good feed back or not. Still not what i am going to do yet. Also still waiting for a supervisor form Ford Customer service to call me back. The Teir 1 CSR that i got was a little prick. The CSR said it is up to your dealer as Ford we are not going to do anything have a good day. Well that is not going to work. So a supe is going to call me back today. Should be fun.

#14 ·

There are no good options. Ming321 is right but don't tip your hand. Ask the dealer what is the retail cost with parts and labor for the modulator and tech time to install. I garentee it is more than $100 Labor rate is close to $85 an hour And they bill that back to Ford Motor Company because it's their screw up. If you say $100 than your limiting the settlement to $100. If He quotes you a low price call another dealer for the install price. Once they give you a $ amount, tell them you want it in cash. If he or they are obstinant than you have two options, tell him or them you are whilling to except that $ value in goods or services "maybe spoiler paint and install". And your last option it to contact an attorney and file a complaint, the charge is "bait and switch" once a judgement is in your favor "they will take your trade in with no negative equity" infact they'll have to credit all that you have paid to your new loan balance Just like a lemon law return. I have the same problem. A MP-3 player and no port in my Fusion. Your in better shape though because it's not on my options sticker. I considered a radio swap but my controls on the steering wheel will become a decoration!

#15 ·

Well just got my car back from the dealer. They had a local audio shop in town install a hard mounted i-pod and mp3 jack into my car. Had them installed the wires into the upper storage compartment on top of the dash. Well plugged in my son's suffle and nothing, plugged in other sons cheap mp3 player and still nothing. Now i am really pissed :evil: . I will be back at the dealer at 7:00am tomorow morning raising hell. I do not want to trade it in on a diff one but this crap is getting old. If i did trade it in i would be getting my full loan price as well as the money have put into the car with the spoiler and exhaust. The wheels i will just take off and put on the stock ones.

#17 ·

[quote author=TimY1979 link=topic=64805.msg1143456#msg1143456 date=1168480670]
I have a 06 SE and i have the outlet in my armrest compartment, what dose it do?
[/quote]

are there 2 outlets or 1. if it is one then it is a power jack like the one on the dash. if there is 2 then one is the power outlet the other is the aux input jack for the mp3/i-pod adapter.

#18 ·

[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=64805.msg1143464#msg1143464 date=1168480843]
[quote author=TimY1979 link=topic=64805.msg1143456#msg1143456 date=1168480670]
I have a 06 SE and i have the outlet in my armrest compartment, what dose it do?
[/quote]

are there 2 outlets or 1. if it is one then it is a power jack like the one on the dash. if there is 2 then one is the power outlet the other is the aux input jack for the mp3/i-pod adapter.
[/quote]

Ill have to look, is their a way that we can get it to work with a I-pod or Sirius? the AUX button? even if theirs not that other jack?

#19 ·

[/quote]

Ill have to look, is their a way that we can get it to work with a I-pod or Sirius? the AUX button? even if theirs not that other jack?
[/quote]

i have seen on another thread that people are using this Peripheral PXDX2 and it plugs into the back of the radio and you hit the aux button to make it work. What ever the dealer had the audio shop do does not work. If i do not trade the car in i may have them look into this as well.

#20 ·

:D OK it is taken care of. I called the audio co this morning and they forgot to tell the dealership there was a toggle switch for the mp3/i-pod jack. It overrides channel 89.1. So with the swich off i can listen to what ever is on 89.1 and with the switch on i listen to and charge my i-pod. Well there is nothing on 89.1 so i flipped the switch on and am leaving it. It is mounted under my dash just above the gas pedal so it is out of the way and cannot be seen at all. i will post up some pix of the set up. But it sounds great no statick or anything. and the best thing is that it was installed for free. Dealer paid for everything.

#22 ·
No offense to you but, the installer should be ashamed of their selves. You own a brand new car and that is a sloppy ass wiring job. there is no need for an overide switch 1st of all. there is no need for the grey split loom, the wires could've been covered in shrink tube wiring insulation. The hole that was drilled should deffinatly have been fitted with a rubber gromet. The gromet would serve two purposses, to hide the rough edge. And to protect the wiring eliminating the need for split loom. You'll probably find while using that when the loom flexes that the slit is staring at you or your passenger. The use of electrical tape shows their experience. If you would like to leave me the # to the install center along with your name I'll call them on your behalf. Someone needs to tell them before they screw up another persons instal!!!!!...........

#23 ·

[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=64805.msg1143441#msg1143441 date=1168480278]
If i did trade it in i would be getting my full loan price as well as the money have put into the car with the spoiler and exhaust. The wheels i will just take off and put on the stock ones.
[/quote] Only a lawer could get you this, angainst the will of the dealership after a court judgement. You have all of the evidence. I'm just telling you your rights what you do with the knowledge is up to you. As a Ford worker I don't like to see action against my employer but, as a consumer it pisses me off when companies don't do what they say.

#24 ·
[quote author=furious1auto link=topic=64805.msg1145798#msg1145798 date=1168591663]
No offense to you but, the installer should be ashamed of their selves. You own a brand new car and that is a sloppy ass wiring job. there is no need for an overide switch 1st of all. there is no need for the grey split loom, the wires could've been covered in shrink tube wiring insulation. The hole that was drilled should deffinatly have been fitted with a rubber gromet. The gromet would serve two purposses, to hide the rough edge. And to protect the wiring eliminating the need for split loom. You'll probably find while using that when the loom flexes that the slit is staring at you or your passenger. The use of electrical tape shows their experience. If you would like to leave me the # to the install center along with your name I'll call them on your behalf. Someone needs to tell them before they screw up another persons instal!!!!!...........
[/quote]

It has shirnk wrap under it i did not like the shiney look of it so i put the wire cover on it myself. Wanted the dull look of it so it would blend in more. As for the gromet i did not even notice it did not have one but i have lots of them around as i install gauges in cars for friends and my race cars so i will just put one in. The function at this point was the main thing i just wanted it to have the hook up like it should have had from the factory but i do like this better as it is in the storage area. it is easier to get to than the center console.

#26 ·
[quote author=kchill link=topic=64805.msg1146845#msg1146845 date=1168643959]
Is the Audiovox wired FM modualator all they installed on your car? Why did you choose the top compartment? I put one in myself and have the wires running under the middle consel and beside the seat. Very easy to install. I thought they gave you the PDXFORD4???
[/quote]

They installed the FMM-100A plus i-pod jack and MP3 jack. I had them put it in there so when the door is closed you cannot tell it is there. The cable is long enough that if i want to change songs or play list i just grab it and when i am done i just close this lid. It works very well. Sound is great and no static also the nice thing it charges my i-pod while it plays. But still the best thing is it was free. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.