FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/rant on/ Does anyone else's autodimming rear view mirror work like crap? Mine hardly does anything - makes me wish Ford had omitted it and just give me one I can flip manually. Is there any way to get this thing to work better (more sensitive to light). Where's the sensor - is the two little squares on the mirror housing? They are tiny - no wonder it's junk. It's bad enough people have misaligned headlights and now those darned blue lights that should be illegal, now I have a mirror that blinds me. I'm considering tinting it. /rant off/

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ours works perfectly but the huge bulge behind the mirror is distracting. You should complain to the dealer about your auto-dimming mirror if it doesn't work properly. Should be a warranty item.

·
Registered
476 Posts
mine works like crap too. it only dims if the person's lights are in my eyes for more than 2 minutes (by which time I'm blind). I hate mine too. I wish for a manual mirror... than and the wire going to it looks like shit. it has a cheap wrap on it then some fabric Velcro crap wrapping it in a huge bunch.

I wish it had an on, off, auto setting. that way you could set it to be dimmed all the time, bright all the time, or auto. my 91 tbird had one that worked awesome with a sensitivity setting on it... I should have kept that thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine mirror would not dim when there's a car right behind me, and closer than 100 yards or so. If the car is far away, or in another lane it works fine. Once I drove at night on one lane country road followed by my friend, and I just had to turn the mirror away! I complained to dealer about that, but they did not find any problem, though admitted that they can't reproduce the same road situation during the day. They said that they called Ford, and there's no TSB for that problem.
Just wonder if I should push on them, and have this mirror replaced, or the new one will still work like crap?

·
Registered
24 Posts
So, has anyone whose mirror worked like crap had them fixed/replaced by the dealer?..
Just curious if I have to bug my dealer, or it's just my fate to drive blinded.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not me. The less time the car is at a stealership, the better.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I had to move mine all the way to the top of the windshield, and it seemed to help. The problem I notice is that the rear of car is so high and the 3rd brake light blocks most of the light. I even thought about flipping it upside down to see if this helps.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I haven't had any trouble except I hate seeing the back of the car like I do (where the car seat things are)

·
Registered
24 Posts
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=69685.msg1379875#msg1379875 date=1178070219]
I had to move mine all the way to the top of the windshield, and it seemed to help. The problem I notice is that the rear of car is so high and the 3rd brake light blocks most of the light. I even thought about flipping it upside down to see if this helps.
[/quote]

Chris06Fusion,
How did you move it? It seems to be glued to the windshield...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.