FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has purchased an auto shade for the windshield. I have a black Fusion and now that the temperature is getting more towards 80s and 90s, the interior is quite hot. I bought one from a local auto parts store but it was too big and didn't fit right. I am looking for some recommendations of brands or places to buy from that fit the Fusion.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't tell you a brand but I'll tell you what is working for me. I have a set of those silver cloth type shades that are basically formed a wire hoop. They twist and fold up into a flat circle less than a foot in diameter and store easily in the passenger seat rear pocket. When they are unfolded (untwisted?) they are rectangular/oval hoops that tuck nicely between the little black box behind the rear view mirror and the side door columns. Folding down the visors closes the gap at the top of the windshield and also supports holding the shades in place.

I don't know if they come in sizes and maybe I got lucky but it's pretty quick and easy to use these.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've seen Covercraft custom sun shades on autoanything.com. They got some nice reviews, but cost almost 50 bucks... :woah:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got one from my neighbor who moved back to Japan. It looks like bubble wrap covered in aluminum foil. I'm sure you could use it to signal alien spacecraft if you needed to. :p

Anyway it works well and folds up nicely. Kind of like a map folds up or a RidgeRest sleeping mat, if you know what that is.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Mine looks like tinfoil I got it from my mom it doesn;t fit real well but it works

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Covercraft makes one specifically for a fusion, ordered one last week. Hate crap that doesn't fit perfect. Ordered a car cover too, it's really dusty where I work.

·
Registered
331 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=78463.msg1586514#msg1586514 date=1185409884]
Covercraft makes one specifically for a fusion, ordered one last week. Hate crap that doesn't fit perfect. Ordered a car cover too, it's really dusty where I work.
[/quote]

Is it possible to send me the dimensions of your shade? They do not have one for an MKZ yet but was wondering if a Fusion one fits. It should since the MKZ is on the same platform.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
[quote author=MKZman link=topic=78463.msg1867458#msg1867458 date=1195578053]
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=78463.msg1586514#msg1586514 date=1185409884]
[/quote]

Is it possible to send me the dimensions of your shade? They do not have one for an MKZ yet but was wondering if a Fusion one fits. It should since the MKZ is on the same platform.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Hi MKZman. :wavey: The pattern/dimensions are identical for the MKZ/Fusion/Milan/Zephyr. The size and fit are interchangeable.

The Covercraft Part numbers are:
"UV10952" for the fold up type UVS100 Heat Shield (my choice).
"UR10952" for the roll up type "Sun Shield".

Also, it pays to shop around between the different retailers listed as sellers of Covercraft products, on the Covercraft website. I found the best price at Car Cover-Depot www.carcover-depot.com. The UVS100 Heat Shield model for $42.01, the Storage Bag for $4.95 and no shipping charges, for a total of $46.96 shipped.

Other retailers prices were as much as $50.99 for the Heat Shield model, as high as $8.95 for the bag, plus up to $9.99 for shipping.

I did not check every retailer, but did check about 90% of them.

Hope this information helps. Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks both of you for the quick feedback. I contacted Covercraft directly and they were going to confirm. I appreciate the tip on the low cost source. Autogeek wanted 59.99 but they have discounts but no where near 30% and includes shipping !

·
Registered
331 Posts
I got the covercraft sunshade for Christmas :banana: I ordered the Fusion p/n and it fit perfectly. The only downside is that the thing is heavy (not the typical foam core type) so the visors do not hold it well in place -- rather wimpy. I had ordered the storage pouch but it did not get shipped so I have to follow on that tomorrow.

·
Registered
982 Posts
[quote author=MKZman link=topic=78463.msg1944966#msg1944966 date=1198602907]
I got the covercraft sunshade for Christmas :banana: I ordered the Fusion p/n and it fit perfectly. The only downside is that the thing is heavy (not the typical foam core type) so the visors do not hold it well in place -- rather wimpy. I had ordered the storage pouch but it did not get shipped so I have to follow on that tomorrow.
[/quote]

That's something I was worried about myself... whether the formed ones would be too heavy and fall. Have you found a way to keep it in place?

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you unhook the visors and angle them down so they are behind the visor it seems to work ok. I may talk to the dealer about the sun visor friction since I have issues even without the sunshade. The big deal is you have just have to move the visors back into the detents after you use it. In some cars, this is set by the clamping pressure but I do not see a visible screw so I do not know if they can adjust it -- both left and right sides are identical in behavior so I do not think it is a mfg defect per se.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Just got a response from AutoSport, and its the same Covercraft model you got... just more expensive ;-) Do you have any pics of yours yet?

·
Registered
331 Posts
[quote author=swooshUSN link=topic=78463.msg1949207#msg1949207 date=1198782013]
Just got a response from AutoSport, and its the same Covercraft model you got... just more expensive ;-) Do you have any pics of yours yet?
[/quote]

It looks identical. I can try to send some pics tomorrow of the actual sunshade if you want. I got it from the place that bbf2530 recommended. The order got messed up and did not ship the storage bag but I talked to them yesterday and they will have Covercraft drop ship it. None of the people selling these stock them for obvious reasons. They just take the order and Covercraft ships it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
[quote author=MKZman link=topic=78463.msg1950037#msg1950037 date=1198799293]

It looks identical. I can try to send some pics tomorrow of the actual sunshade if you want. [/quote]

Thanks... I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Here are some pics......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts