FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was cleaning my windshield and noticed a little black box behind the mirror. There is a button on the front left hand corner. I pushed the button but didnt notice a change while driving at night. What is this box for? Is the government spying on me :shock:?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has to do something (Not saying youre wrong). But why would they put a button there that does nothing?

·
Registered
198 Posts
There is a sophisticated procedure in the manual for recalibrating the compass. Not just a button.

I haven't noticed the button on my mirror bracket - will have to check it out.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=83638.msg1570666#msg1570666 date=1184886381]
It's a beacon signal to allow the government to spy on you, like you alluded to. :lol:
[/quote]
I believe it. (LOL)

·
Registered
969 Posts
DONT PRESS IT IS THE SELF DESTRUCT BUTTON !!!! NOOOOOOO

(If you turn your fusion over to me you might be able to save it.) :lol: :lol:

LOL jk... :screwy:

·
Registered
331 Posts
The box is the Compass Module. The button is not used in the Fusion. The compass is used in other Ford models and the button is used for calibration in those models. Calibration is done through the message center in the Fusion. Ignore the box behind the mirror...lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had to get a new compass recently because Portland Glass broke the plastic clip on it when they replaced my windshield. They blamed it on cheap Ford - I blamed it on a stupid tech.

But the compass had to be calibrated. That was fun - drive around in a circle three times, then pick your magnetic zone, then drive around in a circle three more times. By the way - I think everyone should do this because it gave me different (more accurate) readings than my old compass which I think was programmed for a different zone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts