FordFusionClub.com banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=169273.msg3603989#msg3603989 date=1270625724]
Is that the main power wire to the factory sub amp? [/quote]
Yes, but again, this is for a 2010 and yours might be different. Generally speaking Ford is good about keeping the same color codes though.

that would mean i could tap into the wires BEFORE the amp for signal, then unplug the amp altogether so keep it from sensing distortion which would eliminate my problem yeah??
It all depends on if the sensing circuit is in the pre-amp section or the sub amp itself. The only way to find out is to give it a try...

Disconnect power to the sub amp and turn up the system WITHOUT tapping into anything, and see how the system reacts. Personally, I would use an interface from PAC as it was made for this purpose. Tapping into wirings blindly is always risky and Murphy's Law is always in effect.

·
Registered
552 Posts
[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=169273.msg3605103#msg3605103 date=1270671340]
I have looked at the PAC stuff, but there is really nothing out there that applies to my specific application unfortunately.
[/quote]They had one for amp integration but I noticed where it said it wouldn't work for THX systems. You might still want to call them here and see if they can give you some pointers....

Let us know how it turns out :goodjob:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any further word on this? I've got the sony 12 speaker system, and replaced the front door mid/tweeters and rear deck 6x9s, added an amplifier and the sound quality is good but not great (disabled the rest of the speakers). I had to use a summing device at the output of the DSP to get full range pre-outs to the amp. When I bypassed the HU/DSP and plugged directly into the amps (through the aux port of the summing device), everything was a lot more energetic and SQ was better. I think this is due partly to the fact that I need to spend more time tweaking gains on the summing device/amp, but I'm very concerned that the DSP and crossover network is negatively effecting SQ (I'd much rather have the aftermarket components doing the crossover work).

So the question is, and has been posed on this thread, is there a full range (20-22000 Hz) signal available before the DSP. There are three sets of audio signals feeding the DSP, there's a wiring diagram out there that shows a left/right signal from the head unit (or I'm assuming, it's called the Audio Control Module on the document). Those feed the DSP along with the mono sub input, if the L/R signals are full range AND the audio dropout/Sync Voice stuff is pushed through those signals, seems like problem solved, bypass the DSP and run the L/R to the amp. I'm hoping that will give me a cleaner signal. I don't care about the fader control, EQ, or other DSP related stuff, I can always add an EQ with time alignment/fader control like an Alpine PXE-H660 to give me more control. The big thing here is the DSP and who's doing the crossovers and what impacts are being made to the SQ.

Like I said, if anyone knows about those inputs to the DSP from the factory head unit let me know, it would be great to bypass that DSP and do any active/passive processing with some higher grade components.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Canadian_LX,

you wrote...
[shadow=red,left]Where did you find the diagrams?[/shadow]

I have all the wiring, connections, bolts, leads etc. diagrams for my THX system from a website called ALL DATA. It cost you a years subscription per vehicle but I found it very informative.

·
Registered
2010 2.5
1 Posts
My 1st ? Guys I'm kinda going thru the same shit I changed all the deck speakers "sub.sub.tweeter? I switched them with 3 pioneer.4 way 120 RMS 6'9" and I put a LOC under my back seat tapped into both rear door speakers with a kicker 15”....and I guess from being ignorant to my situation I hooked all 3 6”×9" to the center 2" speaker....I thought it sounded decent but I think I just sounded decent because I had so much low...but I took my box out for a short period of time and now I realized its not good...if you guys could twll me what you would do I would really appreciate the help .... Thx

·
Super Moderator
5,746 Posts
My 1st ? Guys I'm kinda going thru the same shit I changed all the deck speakers "sub.sub.tweeter? I switched them with 3 pioneer.4 way 120 RMS 6'9" and I put a LOC under my back seat tapped into both rear door speakers with a kicker 15”....and I guess from being ignorant to my situation I hooked all 3 6”×9" to the center 2" speaker....I thought it sounded decent but I think I just sounded decent because I had so much low...but I took my box out for a short period of time and now I realized its not good...if you guys could twll me what you would do I would really appreciate the help .... Thx
Hi Bobby. Just an FYI, in case you have not noticed: This thread, and its last previous participation, are over 10 years old, so you may not receive any replies.

Unfortunately, participation here on the Ford Fusion Club has dropped off quite a bit in the last few years, as you can see by the scarcity of recent posts. It is a shame too, because we had a great group of members. You may have better luck with answers if you post over on the Ford Fusion Forum, located here: Ford Fusion Forum

Good luck.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts