FordFusionClub.com banner

Are the seperate V6 and I4 subforms necesary???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the seperate V6 and I4 subforms necesary???

Does this form really need seperate subforms?? What about those with both the V6 and I4s in their households. I just think this a little too sppecialized.

BTW I will not vote.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
We feel as the board grows, this is necessary to keep things organized. Why should the 4 cyl owners have to read about problems the V6 owners are having? I have not been on a forum that has not separated their engine sections. I guess if you have both engines in your household you will have a few extra clicks to make. :hideme:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm glad there are separate engine sections. I'm primarily just interested in the 3.0L,
but I like to glance at the 4 bangers thoughts / impressions too.
If you have got BOTH engines in your 2 Fusions , consider yourself blessed & lucky. Hope you got the manual in that 2.3L, & the Appearance package too !

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I am with Chris on this one. As it grows and the members increase and the more threads start popping up, it will be easier to manage.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Wait until the aftermarket takes a liking to one engine more-so than the other. Then all of the "will this fit on my car" posts come up, and your like "I wish we had separate sections." It always happens, its totally inevitable. Seeing that the focus dominated the after market as far as FWD ford, and that the mazda3 has a big following, v6 owners are going to get upset with the n00b questions from the i4 side. Then when the SVT and Roush models come out, the MRT packagaes, and whatever, i4 owners are going to get dumb with the v6 side. Trust me on this, I ran a ton of the largest car sites out there, and without the 2 sections, every place becomes a site where newcomers post, and oldtimers go RTFM! SEARCH!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
It is necessary. You're comparing apples to oranges. If they were mixed all together, you'd have people getting confused between the two engines and wondering what works for what. Not to mention, you'd hear that "what engine do you have?" question a million times. With the seperation, it makes it a little more organized between the two.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I think most memebers believe it is necessarry. I am fine with democracy

Peace.

BTW Both our V6 and I4 are automatics. I4 manual was too slow for me. I like the Zephyr more. I wish it was manual though. I acctually wish for more torque.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I4 manual was too slow for you........ wtf are u smoking...... by saying that i assume u drive the i4, not the v6 or ur reason would be wife didnt want a stick either way just WOW

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=ceiph link=topic=75804.msg1368692#msg1368692 date=1177653264]
I4 manual was too slow for you........ wtf are u smoking...... by saying that i assume u drive the i4, not the v6 or ur reason would be wife didnt want a stick either way just WOW
[/quote]

I didn't get the manual for 2 reasons:

1- I am the only one in my household who drives a stick. My previous car was a stick (2003 saab 93). So if we took that car on long trips; I will be stuck driving the whole way. It is fun for a while but not when you are exhausted.

2- The Milian is acctually my Mom's car. She like the power of the I4 auto. Although, she does drives agreesive; she is statisfied with output of the I4 auto compared to accord I4; esspecially around town where Duratec has more tq. The milan won b/c the styling and comfort of the seats. Also the premier trim level had all the options she cared for (leather, pwr everything, abs w/TCS). To get leather on accord; you will have to get EX w/ leather trim which adds sun roof and other options that the car become $25+K instead of $22k.

3- I liked the interior styling of the Zephyr more; I wasn't going to get another milan. I also wasn't big fan of the fusion's rear end (looks ricey) and most importantly I drove the I4 manual. I felt the shifter required too much effort from my prevous car which was 2003 Saab 93 manual. I also hated the feel of the shifter. I knew the I4 wasn't enough for my tastes so the car had to be v6. So the zephyr won out for other features. I personally wish they had manual with mustang shifter feel (or any european car feel) with v6. I would have seriously considered it despite my previous disadvantages with the manual trans.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=ceiph link=topic=75804.msg1371296#msg1371296 date=1177749093]
you also called my car rice
[/quote]

I am so sorry. I just feel clear tail lights are not my style. The fusion is not the only one with them; I also don't like the altima for the same reason. That is why we have different cars for different tastes.

BTW the front of the Fusion is the best looking of the 3 cars including the Zephyr IMHO. Other than the rear tail lights; the fusion is the best looking mid-size car south of $50K. wait I can't think of one which looks better may be the mercedes E- class.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The tail lights arent really clear. its just that the chrome rim around them give it that look. Anyhoo.. back on topic. Yay 2 sections LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts