FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I can tell the engines(along with the chassis) are pretty much identical. The Mazda6 guys are getting crower cams to design some camshafts for them and im looking into them working our vehicles. Anybody know the answer to this?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Interesting. I'd have to say that they probably are. As long as it's 3.0 Duratec to 3.0 Duratec you're probably going to be OK, but this is of course my opinion without really knowing the real answer to your question.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Same engine. Same camshafts. Adjusting the VCT with software is just as helpful as a new set of higher-flow cams, though with it's own limitations, but that is one of the ways chip tuners are getting 30Hp out of a higher-flowing intake and software.

Depends on the type of cam(s) they are having built. FI cams would not make good power for those of us that stay NA and have a daily driver. A mid-range cam with greater lift would be perfect. (I imagine valve-overlap would still be controlled by the VCT keeping the idle smooth)

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=seawolf link=topic=95722.msg1883053#msg1883053 date=1196274756]
Same engine. Same camshafts. Adjusting the VCT with software is just as helpful as a new set of higher-flow cams, though with it's own limitations, but that is one of the ways chip tuners are getting 30Hp out of a higher-flowing intake and software.

Depends on the type of cam(s) they are having built. FI cams would not make good power for those of us that stay NA and have a daily driver. A mid-range cam with greater lift would be perfect. (I imagine valve-overlap would still be controlled by the VCT keeping the idle smooth)
[/quote]

Well all the Mazda 6 V6 guys are NA and most use their car as a daily so im sure this Cam will be adequate. I'll keep everyone over here updated on the progress of this.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Please do. 8)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Talisman - this sounds promising.....at least for now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.