FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering of all the possible things anyone has ever gotten off of eBay and how they worked? I know there are a lot of things that are compatible with the Mazda 6 but what have people tried? Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, just read a few of the threads here and you'll see that Ebay is a very popular venue for ALL of us...

Slater bought a few of his parts from Ebay. I bought my RSB from Ebay and bought the Megan bar prior to Thanksgiving (still haven't seen it yet, but I know it's because of the long weekend). Someone even bought AG lowering springs from Ebay (I believe).

Most of your Mazda 6 pieces will fit as long as you're talking pieces that go to the chassis. If it's under the car, you can almost bet on it. If it's for INSIDE the car, then you can almost bet it WON'T. If you're willing to try it, buy some good, name brand performance shocks and struts for the Mazda 6 and see if they work - - - a lot of us are curious. Brake stuff, though, I'd stay with things that specifically state Ford Fusion fitment.

You really have nothing to lose and a hell of a lot to gain with buying stuff on Ebay. If you're not sure, just make sure the seller has a return policy that's fair.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=95573.msg1875627#msg1875627 date=1195998898]
Well, just read a few of the threads here and you'll see that Ebay is a very popular venue for ALL of us...

Slater bought a few of his parts from Ebay. I bought my RSB from Ebay and bought the Megan bar prior to Thanksgiving (still haven't seen it yet, but I know it's because of the long weekend). Someone even bought AG lowering springs from Ebay (I believe).

Most of your Mazda 6 pieces will fit as long as you're talking pieces that go to the chassis. If it's under the car, you can almost bet on it. If it's for INSIDE the car, then you can almost bet it WON'T. If you're willing to try it, buy some good, name brand performance shocks and struts for the Mazda 6 and see if they work - - - a lot of us are curious. Brake stuff, though, I'd stay with things that specifically state Ford Fusion fitment.

You really have nothing to lose and a hell of a lot to gain with buying stuff on Ebay. If you're not sure, just make sure the seller has a return policy that's fair.
[/quote]

:lol: yep i love e-bay. I figure why pay retail when i can get a lot of good stuff from there for a lot less money.

·
Registered
840 Posts
i really want to save up and get the H&R Coil Overs but they're just plain expensive. After the winter, im gonna pick up some H&R Springs, and some Koni Shocks (the ones for the m6.) If someone does that before me, then sweet, if not... you'll find out if they work hahaha.

The koni shocks/dampers i want are height adjustable, so they're pretty affordable for what you're getting.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=benit0 link=topic=95573.msg1877066#msg1877066 date=1196061933]
i really want to save up and get the H&R Coil Overs but they're just plain expensive. After the winter, im gonna pick up some H&R Springs, and some Koni Shocks (the ones for the m6.) If someone does that before me, then sweet, if not... you'll find out if they work hahaha.

The koni shocks/dampers i want are height adjustable, so they're pretty affordable for what you're getting.
[/quote]

i will more than likely end up going with Koni Yellows. Had those on the Neon and they were great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well what are all the items that you all have tried? Just figured I would start this thread so people know what they can buy and what is just going to mess up your car. Just so everyone knows those cheap "juice box" or "power speed chips" are junk. I did a little investigating on them and when you look at the people who have bought them and gave them positive feedback you will see that they purchase only junk like this all the time. They seem like they are just names that the sellers have generated to use to boost their feedback. Then the sellers who sell this crap use the member names to give them positive feedback so they can con some poor sucker who knows nothing about cars into paying 35 dollars for a 5 cent resistor hooked up to two wires that are inside the box. A long time ago I bought one of the 99 cent ones just to see what they were selling and all they gave me was just a resistor, nothing more, and the instructions told me to splice that between two wires. Anyways I didn’t try it because I was afraid to blow up my Dad's ranger. But my in my opinion to everyone is to check the people who buy from that seller and see if they are legit before throwing your money away.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am an avid Ebay'er and I purchase off Ebay all the time, and I personally have purchased a ton of Car parts off Ebay for my Thunderbird & I will do so for the new Fusion as well. I have saved thousands of dollars on the site & I will continue to do so, but I also know what to look for and what to stay away from.

Generally for myself I stick to the name brand products, mainly for the fact that, that way I know what I am getting because other people have purchased the products before me & reviewed it on a Forum somewhere.

There are a bunch of great deals on Ebay you just have to be cautious on what you are looking for and protect yourself before bidding. Like the previous posters in here have stated - Read Feedback, Read the entire auction listing, and just be cautious on your purchases.

Its easy and there are deals on there just know what you want and make sure thats is the exact product your getting.

Hope this helps

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts