FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all this is an important study that I am trying to conduct, so your input will help.

First question is, how many TOTAL watts are you guys putting out?

Second is, have any of you noticed any corrosion around the + terminal?

My first battery corroded the + terminal because it heated up and melted a rubber gasket away allowing acid to corrode on the terminal.
So now I am trying to find a deep cycle battery that will fit into the Fusion, it is very hard to find!

As for the wattage question, I personally think I am probably pushing out the most watts.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Why are you going with a deep cycle marine battery? Why not get a sealed battery like the Optima line? This would be perfect for you if you are worried about leakage and corrosion and it will give you more CCA than the stock battery.

·
Registered
215 Posts
An optima should fit just fine. A group 34 battery is basically the exact same size as a group 40R/47 that we have. My last car (99 cougar) had the same battery as our cars now, and a 34 would fit just fine. I had a red top laying on it's side for years in my car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Optima's won't work in our cars.

The two post are switched on these batteries. So when you put it in, the cables will not stretch far enough across the battery to the terminal. Trust me I've tried it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well I have no corosion problem on my + terminal and had my system for around 1 year. I am not a very heavy user though. I most listen at 1/2 volume. Everything electrical is stock except cap and O awg Big 3 upgrade. System specs:

Fronts:Elemental Designs Edi 6500s components of polk momo C400.4 bridged (200W per side)
Rears: Elemental Designs Edi 6000s components of Pheonix Gold Xenon 100.2 (100W per side)
Subs: 2 Boston Accoustics G5 with 2 GTRs off Elemental Designs Nine.1 at 1 ohm (600W per sub)

So Fronts + Rears + Subs
400W + 200W + 1200W = 1800W RMS

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have had no problem with corrosion on the battery cables but as for the watts in my ride
I have 7/8" pioneer tweeters 80watts each
6x8 eclipse speakers SP5700 in all four doors 300watts to each side 150watts to each speaker
also 6x9 eclipse SP6900 in the rear deck 250watts each
and 2 12" eclipse subs SW8200 2000watts each
feels like an earthquake when bumpin it and crystal clear couldnt find good eclipse tweeters

Tweeters + Doors + Rears + Sub
160w + 600w + 500w + 4000w = 5260w in total

1 - 6 of 6 Posts