FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant justify spending the money on a XCAL2 to use it once or twice.

Is there anyone in Orange County (CA) that has a programmer that would flash my Fusion if I supply the Tune?

I would be more than happy to pay for it's usage.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
You can't use an XCal tuner to program more than 1 car at a time. If someone lets you use their tuner, they will have to return their vehicle back to stock. The tuner is "locked" after it has been used on 1 vehicle and can only be "unlocked" when that vehicle is returned back to stock. That is my main complaint - you have to buy a new tuner if you want more than one of your vehicles!

[quote author=WiKDMoNKY link=topic=55475.msg919747#msg919747 date=1156882852]
I cant justify spending the money on a XCAL2 to use it once or twice.

Is there anyone in Orange County (CA) that has a programmer that would flash my Fusion if I supply the Tune?

I would be more than happy to pay for it's usage.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!
[/quote]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is re-god-damn-diculous!!!

Isnt there some sort of universal programmer?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have two 2006 Ford Fusion's. It would be nice to only have to pay for two tunes and one tuner. So for now the wife will have to wait LOL, the Xcal2 I bought is for my car :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sucks but if you could use a tuner on every vehicle, these companies would not sell any. They are VIN locked once installed, you can still use it to check trouble codes but basically once I have a tune in my vehicle when you install it in yours it will not be able to read properly and you'l lget an error. You can pick up an SCT for about 250, I bet any money a diablo tuner would work as well although I sold mine and got my xcal for my 03 mustang.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts