FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my problem: I'm in the Air Force and just moved to New Jersey. I'm licensed in Pennsylvania since I'm from Philly, but I've been living in Georgia for the last five years, and they don't have state car inspections. I bought my Fusion in GA and also got it tinted there. I have 15% all the way around (except for the windshield of course). My Georgia registration runs out in July and in order to get my car registered in PA, I need to have it inspected in PA. Well i've heard multiple things regarding tint being an issue in an inspection; some say it won't pass, others say it WILL pass, but tint is a secondary offense and if you get pulled over in PA for anything else, they'll get you for tint too. My other option is getting it registered in NJ, and they also have a state inspection.

My question is do ANY one know anything about this, and if so, what my best route it?

·
Registered
325 Posts
There are a lot of urban legends about window tint and inspections in PA. I'm sure that you can find factual information about the inspection laws in PA via the Internet.

My experience, I have not had an issue with getting my last three cars inspected in PA over the last 8 years in PA with tint on all windows (minus the windshield).

I would say go for it and if you have trouble, try another inspection station.

G

·
Yeah try PA first, then try NJ.

With the way NJ has been acting up, you should be able to pass inspection with a muffler hanging off, a loose wheel, blue smoke coming out the engine, haha. :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
im from NJ, the tint laws are horrible here... you will get pulled over only for tint.. i know I have numerous times... best advice is to just make sure the tint is the legal limit, or else your in trouble...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I know over here in WV the tint laws are getting strict. They can pull you over for just your tint and if its too dark they will take a razor blade and mark a big x in it. Tint laws suck but they are for the officers safety.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Geez when I saw the reference to NJ or PA in the title, I thought you were going to whine about the Devils and Penguins being eliminated by the Ottawa Senators....Next it's the Buffalo Sabres.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts