FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, black sure looks great when clean....but after only 2 months I already have countless paint chips on the hood, along with swirl marks and scuffing despite my best cleaning efforts using only microfiber towels and quality cleaning solutions. The paint chips just seem to come out of nowhere. More show up every week and it isn't like I am driving behind gravel trucks. Guess I know how it will look in 5 years. Hmmm....my neighbor never washes his silver Taurus and it always looks clean. Mine looks like crap after sitting outside for 1/2 a day in the good old Detroit air. Forget it if it happens to rain or if I have to drive down a dirt road. Reminds me of an ex-girlfriend...too much damn maintenance!

I saw 12 Fusions today on my 12 mile hike from work and of all the Fuses that I saw, the silver frost now looks the best in my eyes. It is one of the rarest colors and one of the only colors that does not look tainted after sitting for more than a day outside.

How do you think YELLOW would look on a Fusion?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Actually, I DO follow gravel trucks almost everyday. I have black, and I have the same paint chips and a car that looks dirty an hour after you wash it. I looked seriously at a Tungsten Silver one when I was shopping, and now really wish I had gotten it. But my wife liked the black one better, so we compromised and bought the one she wanted!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should make her wash it then! :p Just say something romanic and sly like this "Your damn car is dirty, now git out dare and warsh that darned thang, woman!" Let us all know how that goes. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I don't regret buying the Dark Blue, but it's a task to keep up!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Everytime I see a black or red Fusion I wish I would have picked one of those colors rather than the green I ended up with.(wifes choice) but the green is more forgiving with dirt as well. I must admit I too seem to find a new paint chip or smudge in the clear every other day as well. Is the paint shit on these things or what?

Cheers

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
I also have a black Fusion in the Detroit Area... Impossible to clean, but when clean, it looks WAY better than any other color. Just one paint chip so far (noticed it today). I do regret the color right now, butr I live 'bout a block down a dirt road with no garage. Will be moving soon (no dirt road), and she will be in the garage every night. I hope that makes a difference.

·
Registered
799 Posts
So far I'm loving my black Fusion. I drove home today (Detroit area) and was side by side with a black Milan - it too looked fantastic. I've had black cars before so I'm used to the color. I'm glad, at this point, that I didn't get the Tungsten silver which I orginally wanted.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today I am liking my black Fusion, but only because it stayed relatively clean. I told my neighbors to give me a good kick in the arse if I ever come home with another new black car. I recall how my black TBird drove me nuts. But that is because I am a fanatic when it comes to keeping my car clean. I just have to remember not to look too hard at it in the garage, under the lights, because that is when I notice all of the paint imperfections and swirls and such!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Black looks so good when its clean and waxed.. but its very hard to keep clean. Every try Maguires cleaners? or a California duster? These are quick ways to keep black clean.

·
Registered
204 Posts
touch up paint, $15
waxing supplies $50
electric buffer $20
hours washing and waxing my black fusion 2
Look of my car when clean .. pricesless ..

Okay enough with the cliche's .. :)

If you want a spotless car, its gonna be a headache (or heartache)
If you want a nice car, its seems fine.

About once a week I spend $1 at the self wash place to spray off the bugs, and dirt.
Don't forget to use the spot free rince option!

About once a month I wash it by hand

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dark coloured cars are always hard to keep clean but they look so much better than light coloured cars when they are clean.

Paint chips will happen on any car. So far, I only have one and it's from the door opening on I don't what.

I live a few hundre metres away from a train yard so the car gets dusty fairly quickly and if it rains then forget it ! But, despite the work I put on washing the car, and plus the fact that wife finds that I could be doing something more productive around the house ... I love seeing my car sparking clean and for the few hours/days that it lasts, I feel like I'm driving the sharpest car around.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've only washed my red fusion once, every once in awhile I'll take a hose to it to remove dust. My office's driveway is gravel, and it hardly shows on the body (tires are a different story).

Red For The Win :p

·
Registered
443 Posts
I prefer my cars to be silver but one wasn't available when I was ready to buy. So I went with the Tungsten Silver and don't regret it at all. It's dark enough to look cool, yet light enough to not show dirt, chips etc. It has the 2-tone interior (black on the top of dash and doors and gray/stone colored seats and carpet. I know I'm partial, but it's the best combo for me.

·
Registered
799 Posts
ming321,

I have the same interior as you. I think the dash and doortops are a very dark brown, not black.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The camel interior gets the dark brown wood accents
The slate/stone gray interior gets the piano black accents

I know this because I had fake wood and almost ended up getting it by accident when I ordered the camel .. I happened to stop into the fusion dealer and saw one with fake wood .. I was like WTF is this? The sales manager and I had a long talk about while he was finally able to dig up the fine print in the order book.

I would have been one very unhappy customer .. since the brochure does not show the wood trim at all (except for a small thumbnail) .. all pictures are of the piano black. Although it did mention it both on the website, and on the brochure, none of those told you how to order it.

-- EDIT --

Oh yeah .. I started rambling and forgot to get to my main point! :)

The camel, and stone are very very close in color, and one could easily be mistaken for the other unless seen side by side.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks for the clarification PegAir. When I purchased, they only had 3 Fusions on the lot and all had black or black/gray two tone interiors. I don't think I've seen the other combo's in person- but I've seen pictures on the internet. I'm with you, wood grain wouldn't look right on the Fusion- put it on the Lincoln...

·
Registered
799 Posts
The Stone interior's upper trim may be black but it sure looks like a very dark brown to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.