FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm dying to know if Baer is going to come out with a Sport brake package for us.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Since all they did was stretch a 6, as long as the brackets line up, a 6 kit would fit a Fusion.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Again you'd have to check that... the Fusion is close to the 6, the basic platform is the same, but there are a lot of small differences.

G

·
Wilwood developed the big brake kit (front) on our project car. 13" rotors, 4-piston calipers. Very nice kit.

I'll contact them to see when they plan to release it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't know why one would need bigger brakes, this thing stops real quickly, and with such a light pedal. I'm thrilled with the brakes, although I've only had them for 1800 miles.

Is there a fade problem in hard braking? Haven't seen much discussed in the way of problems....

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't need bigger brakes either, I push the car but when I need it to it stops just fine.
this is the first car I have ever owned with 4 wheel discs, I have driven cars with no discs
at all and I have always managed to stop just fine. except problem I had with both of my
Ranger trucks where the damn brake rotors started literally falling to pieces, little chunks
of rotor was falling of it, and both at only 10,000 miles, the pads were still good, until that
started happening. but like I said it was only the Rangers that I ever had serious brake
problems.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=WCF link=topic=41921.msg631008#msg631008 date=1143169159]
I don't know why one would need bigger brakes[/quote]

I don't want bigger brakes for daily driving. I want bigger brakes for AutoX and road racing.

G

·
[quote author=UtOhCop link=topic=41921.msg633731#msg633731 date=1143396837]
[quote author=WCF link=topic=41921.msg631008#msg631008 date=1143169159]
I don't know why one would need bigger brakes[/quote]

I don't want bigger brakes for daily driving. I want bigger brakes for AutoX and road racing.
[/quote]

Bingo... If you intend to "track" your car, you will need bigger brakes to handle the repetetive braking done around the track for 20-30 minutes at a time. The stock brakes will hold up for a while, but ultimately they will succumb to brake fade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey guys
just about to hit 10,000KM (SORRY CANADIAN).. having big fade problems with hard braking, and also had to double pump a couple of times now , because the back brakes hung up... scary shit..
also wearing very uneven.... ford has an optional sloted rotor kit maybe I will try that before the big brake up grade :shock:

·
Registered
66 Posts
IN BIG NEEEEED OF UPGRADED BRAKES..........I think its my car...but when i raced a mini cooper today (turbo) and hit 100 and then slowed down i noticed a huge I MEAN HUGE brake fade.....UGHHH i almost ate it.....but i did beat the mini......i was so happy...i love the 6 speed tranny specialy under 20 mph..really nice take off.....guy asked if i had a turbo....nope..stock V6...but anyways....SEND ME A MESSAGE GUYS when those brakes come out......willing to buy ASAP!!!!!....

G

·
Anyone interested in getting the Wilwood 13" setup we have on our Fusion, just let me know. We can do a group buy for the kit for around $1000 out the door. But we need 10 buyers to step up with a 50% deposit before Wilwood will move forward on the kits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.