FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't realize how bad my low beams were until my trip last week over the Rockies. Couldn't see shit. I know there's a bunch of old posts on here about bulbs, but nothing recent. Just wondered if anyone has found anything yet (without converting to H.I.Ds). Found H7 silverstars and Nighthawks, but no H11. Son of a bitch!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Your not going to find any H-11 that is much better then the stockers. And the high watt bulbs have a chance at melting your wiring harness. I just put H.I.D's in and I absolutly love them.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What brand did you go with? Fog lights too? I wonder if it'll be a hassle with daytime running lights.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I got 6000K Apexcone from Exenonexpert.com
Love em!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was the install as easy as xenonexpert.com says. Never mind, found a bunch of posts with install pics, etc... :oops: Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Try going to the h9 bulb mod. A bit more light without the cost of HID's. Just another solution if you don't wish to go the HID route.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yes. If you search around this subforum you will find that someone is already running these bulbs with pictures attached for you. I would still suggest going with a H9 and mod it just a bit for more light output.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! Has anyone ever dealt with www.intakeone.com , there's a bunch of different bulbs on there too. They had some pretty cool H11's, but I don't want to melt wiring or lenses.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Greetings:

I have gone down this route. Currently i have the KYO-bulbs stock 55w. They say the output is 65w. I love the look and I can see well. I should have upgraded to the next level to 70-80w., but was afraid of wiring problems. I did have a conversation with Seawolf about wattage. He did say our wiring sys. can handle the upgraded voltage, due to the fact our sys. will limit the output for any short. If rain occurs with these lights-personally i really can't see...If i do make a change in the near future i would upgrade to the H-9'S-OSRAM. I believe u can buy them a them at auto-barn. Make sure its made in Germany.

Max.

·
Registered
840 Posts
piaa makes some of the best headlight bulbs on the market. i'd go for them if you want a halogen bulb.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any of the coated h-11's on the market will more than likely be worse than stock, other than a pretty colour. I tried the Luminics adn they plain suck. I have the PIAA's as well, they are better than the Luminics but not really better than stock, although the colour is a bit better you don't get any more light on the road.

I am now running HID's (6000 K) in my foglights and mountain driving is absolutely superb now. The HID fogs put the stock headlights to absolute shame , if I shut off the HID fogs the stock headlights seem so damn dim, almost scary like, the HID's make a huge difference - much more light hitting the road, and the colour is real nice to boot. The HIDs in the fogs give a very wide beam pattern, and if you adjust the height of the fixtures (upwards) you can get some decent length on the beam as well. The fogs won't extend much further than the headlights due to their height, but you will get a ton more light on the roadway and shoulders. I recently drove through West Virginia mountains late at night, and we spotted approx. a dozen deer sitting well off the side of the road, so the coverage was excellent giving us a very secure feeling about night driving in the mountains. It has been a great investment, I definitely feel safer by having the HID fogs. I get to keep my stock daytime running lights this way as well.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That sounds pretty good too. The main reason I want them is for all the wildlife around here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
yeah that was my thinking as well when I put the HID's in the fogs, it was just before we made a long trip through the eastern U.S.

The wide beam pattern will help you with wildlife concerns as you'll be able to spot them sooner as they approach the roadway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got this information from DanielSternLighting.com. He has some good info regarding automotive lighting. I just bought these bulbs and have yet to install them. Look at his website if you have any questions.

Replace your low beam H11 bulbs with H9 bulbs:
http://store.candlepower.com/h-9.html

You may have to shave a small ridge of plastic off the connector portion
of the H9 bulb so that your H11 socket will snap on. Once you've done
that, it's a direct swap. The existing wiring will support the new bulb
just fine. H11 produces 1350 lumens, H9 produces 2100.

Replace your high beam H7 bulbs with the special "H9 burner on H7 base"
bulbs: http://store.candlepower.com/osraulhiouh7.html . This one's a
perfectly direct swap. Standard H7 produces 1400 lumens, the special bulb
produces 2100.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote author=djhss link=topic=89246.msg1768243#msg1768243 date=1191925406]
Got this information from DanielSternLighting.com. He has some good info regarding automotive lighting. I just bought these bulbs and have yet to install them. Look at his website if you have any questions.

Replace your low beam H11 bulbs with H9 bulbs:
http://store.candlepower.com/h-9.html

You may have to shave a small ridge of plastic off the connector portion
of the H9 bulb so that your H11 socket will snap on. Once you've done
that, it's a direct swap. The existing wiring will support the new bulb
just fine. H11 produces 1350 lumens, H9 produces 2100.

Replace your high beam H7 bulbs with the special "H9 burner on H7 base"
bulbs: http://store.candlepower.com/osraulhiouh7.html . This one's a
perfectly direct swap. Standard H7 produces 1400 lumens, the special bulb
produces 2100.
[/quote]

DS makes some good points on his site. However, his business revolves around a dying tech, incandescent bulbs! Something to keep in mind. Also, you will be replacing those H9s much more often than the long life H11s - and having only one H9 lighting the road could get you killed!

Good quality HIDs are so cheap now and will easily last 100k miles... I will NEVER go back.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts