FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Give it some more time. Folks will start pouring in. Took the 6club a lil while to jump start. The Mazda Rev It Up help out with the sales of that car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody no how the new Fusion compares to a Ford Taurus size wise? I am going to be trading my 97 Taurus in soon, either a Five Hundred or Fusion will be the likely replacement, I like the size of the Five Hundred but Looks, Power of the the Fusion V6.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Got mine :) Go to the gallery and check out my photo album! I do like the car, but I have a few gripes... The console storage lid sticks and hardly ever opens without a struggle. The emblem on the back is very loose. The license plate holder on the front flew off, and there are a few screw hole covers that were missing.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
[quote author=BigA1 link=topic=31617.msg443587#msg443587 date=1129549251]
Anybody no how the new Fusion compares to a Ford Taurus size wise? I am going to be trading my 97 Taurus in soon, either a Five Hundred or Fusion will be the likely replacement, I like the size of the Five Hundred but Looks, Power of the the Fusion V6.
[/quote]

It's a few inches smaller, offhand. The 500 is a bit bigger.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=31617.msg443819#msg443819 date=1129565983]
[quote author=BigA1 link=topic=31617.msg443587#msg443587 date=1129549251]
[/quote]

It's a few inches smaller, offhand.  The 500 is a bit bigger.
[/quote]

Having said that, I would like to offer that the size is not missed. I had my entire family (four adults, including myself) in the car the other day for an introductory spin and everyone was comfortable. The trunk isn't missing any room either. The engine compartment is packed though... to be 100% comfortable, I have to put the drivers seat nearly all the way back because my right leg rubs on the protruding edge of the center console, but I'm 6'2"... I will also say that my hair rubs the roof liner a little, but I need a hair cut :lol: I would take that over the to-tall toyota look anyday! If I lean my seat back just a little, it's really not much of a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see my local dealer has finally got some in, did not have time to stop, but I am going to have to go over and sit in one, of coarse if I do that I may end up coming home with one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought the wife a Dune Pearl with Camel interior this week. She hasn't let me drive it. We went down to the dealer to look at the 500 she saw the Fusion and fell in love with it. We went for the test drive and right out of the dealer's drive she kicks that V-6 and we're off to the races. I was surprised at the incentives Ford offered. $500. cash back from Ford plus $500. cash back from Ford Credit. My wife has been a Mustang fan since we were in high school when the first one came out and we've owned a few, but she turned down the new Mustang for the Fusion. She says it drives like a sports car. I may have to trade my Toyota for one to find out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts