FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious cuz the dealership played this off as if they cant do anything about it until I have literal Holes they can put their finger through. I have rust starting at the inside tip of my sunroof after owning the car for only one year. You have to look closely to see it but you can see and feel it.It's deinitely there.Anybody else having this issue. Id just like to know before I take my car and go yell at the dealer.

P.S. ford dealers are Terrible. I shoulda bout a REAL luxury car cuz they give you REAL luxury car service.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Its not all Ford dealers. Just certain ones. I used to work at a BMW/Lexus dealership and wow.. talk about treating people like crap. If someone came in with a problem, the techs would all belittle the owners, and push it off as if they were the problem and not the vehicle. When a car costs $80k, it must be good and sturdy, right?

But yeah. Call Ford customer service before you go to the dealer. That has always helped me more with any make/model that I have ever owned.

Just understand that they are people too, and you gotta spin your words the right way to get your problem(s) taken care of.

·
Registered
148 Posts
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=94204.msg1843094#msg1843094 date=1194622054]
Im just curious cuz the dealership played this off as if they cant do anything about it until I have literal Holes they can put their finger through. I have rust starting at the inside tip of my sunroof after owning the car for only one year. You have to look closely to see it but you can see and feel it.It's deinitely there.Anybody else having this issue. Id just like to know before I take my car and go yell at the dealer.

P.S. ford dealers are Terrible. I shoulda bout a REAL luxury car cuz they give you REAL luxury car service.
[/quote]
Heya Tal. Not having any rust or corrosion problems here. And I went and looked pretty close after reading your post. Sorry to hear about it, keep us informed on your progress with the dealer.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I mean the weather here can be pretty brutal on cars but I havent heard anyone else complain about this.My neighbor owns a Lincoln dealership and im sure he will fix it for me no problem but its an hour or so away. Woulda liked to just get good service from my local dealer.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have an 06 SEL V6 with a sunroof. As soon as I read this I too went straight into the garage and fully opened my sunroof and looked around. I live in the NW where it is very wet and damp. I have no sign of rust or discoloring or the seal corroding or leaking. Demand action with the dealership you purchased from! :x

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=Scape2 link=topic=94204.msg1849951#msg1849951 date=1194921749]
I have an 06 SEL V6 with a sunroof. As soon as I read this I too went straight into the garage and fully opened my sunroof and looked around. I live in the NW where it is very wet and damp. I have no sign of rust or discoloring or the seal corroding or leaking. Demand action with the dealership you purchased from! :x
[/quote]

Yea im definitely gonna do that. I just wish the local dealership would help me out. Im sure the one I bought it from will ut they are over an hour away. oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts