FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to have last night's storm roll a boulder down a hill and into the back of my car...

I figure since I'll be needing to do some work to the back of my fusion anyway, I might as well make it a little different. Don't get me wrong, I don't like over-the-top body kits, but in my opinion, the stock rear bumper on 1st gen fusion is a little too plain Jane.

Anyone know of anything to make the back a little more interesting? I can't find any aftermarket bumpers that really make much of a difference to the appearance

I have a 2008 SE i4... so it's got a dual tip exhaust on the right side

· Registered
378 Posts
Hey, I have the same car. *high five*

You could always just swap in the V6 bumper and add the second exhaust outlet, shouldn't be too expensive to get it welded up at a mufler place. If you wanted to get more radical, you could look into swapping the bumper, trunklid, and taillights from a 2010-12 Fusion. I dno't know if these parts just bolt on or not, but people have done it, you could ask around here and see. FWIW.

Good luck!

· Registered
582 Posts
Not sure what you like but there is a white Fusion in the Photo Gallery
look under the name 06rar. It is different, not sure what company makes it.

· Registered
648 Posts
You can get a 3d carbon lip kit $400 + shipping. It gives your car a simple and clean look on the fusion.
You can paint your tail lights. Either open it up and paint it or use tinting spray.
A spoiler would also make the rear end a better look. the 2010 spoilers look good on a 1st gen. You can also paint that part on the rear bumper black.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry if this ends up being a double post... my original never got posted..

Thanks for all the great ideas. I definitely do want to split the exhaust; I like the symmetry of a split system. How do you think this would affect the sound? Currently I have a Magnaflow exhaust, which gives a sound I love. I would hate to mess that up for looks, although I suppose I could use the back-end of a Magnaflow system for the v6? I assume all fusions have the space for a split exhaust for the sake of simplifying the production process, so it should be a straight forward install?

Also, I really like the body kit on that white fusion, looks like it's the Extreme Dimensions kit: http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/...ody_kits/extreme dimensions/extr00181460.html

I thought this looked really cool... until i realized the vent was a sticker *facepalm* http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/...rior/body_kits/street_scene/stsc01096104.html

I'm getting the impression that all of these lips are held on by adhesive... which honestly seems cheesy and cheap quality to me, especially for how much they cost! I would be paranoid that my body kit would fall off as i'm driving down the highway! Can anyone give some first hand knowledge of how well these actually stay on your car?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts