FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any custom exhaust work done yet? Im going to get some work done soon and would like to see some pics.

·
Registered
64 Posts
my magnaflow exhaust count?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, it counts I wanna see more. im going the custom cat back. will post new pics soon. tired of waiting for everyone else.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't know if mine could be considered custom or just plain sneaky. Although I'm running the I4 with a manual tranny the same idea could be used on a V-6. I need to give props to Swoop for initial idea of running an exhaust with no mufflers, Just using the cats and resonators. But there is no way that I could stand listening to a 4 cyl drone constantly so here's the result. OLD SCHOOL Hot rodders trick is to use an exhaust cut out but with a new school twist "electric". I just installed a "Quick Time Performance" electric exhaust cut out to a Summit Racing Y dump pipe and exits out the right side of the car through a 2.5" pipe with a turn down. The entire system is not visible from any angle with only the edge of the turndown peaking out from the right side rocker panel in front of the rear wheel. That's the sneaky part. The best thing about the system is you can choose to be quiet for trips or cruising or if you want to scare the crap out of the guy next to you , just push the switch and open the gate or anywhere in between. I have the activation switch in the top section of the center console and use one of the center stack buttons as a power "on". As for performance, like any free flow exhaust you lose low end torque when it's full open but on the top end of the rpm range is where it shines. If you think about it a Magnaflow, Dynomax system is straight through anyway and not much for sound control and you stuck with it all the time. As far as being legal the only device that is by-passed is the muffler, the system is mounted behind the factory cats and resonator and is muffled by both of those. So there should be no issue.

Total cost for the parts
$145.00 for the QTP cut out
$24.00 for the Summit Y connector
$15.00 for a set of Hooker headers collectors with flanges
$8.00 for a 24"section of 2.5'" exhaust pipe

total cost $ 192.00 Love those cheap mods!! I'll post some picks when I get home after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
207 Posts
:ttiwwp:

·
Registered
165 Posts
[quote author=shofun91 link=topic=53034.msg907749#msg907749 date=1156342616]
:ttiwwp:
[/quote]I'll post some picks when I get home after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
iam going to just change the mufflers, get some that make some sound with a bit larger tips and be done with it, looks and some sound is good for me, if they build a decent intake kit i may buy that, but for now will get the k/n panel filter..

anyone know what mufflers would fit, magnaflow part numbers?

·
Registered
311 Posts
my favorite exhaust that I've had is Bullets. They were on my V8 SHO. 6 years later, they're STILL on there. (I know the guy who owns it and am buying it back shortly) They sound great and they're louder than ever. I had a Borla on my Explorer and it had a horrible drone. Design/material wise they're the same as Borla but for 1/2 the price. They only sell mufflers so you'll have to cut the old one out. Of course, a loud V8 sounds good while a 4 cylinder is just annoying so I'm not sure I'd put these on the I4s, but they may sound good with the V6. I'd like to see if the guys at FocusSport would make a stealth exhaust for our cars like they do the Focus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.