FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,855 Posts
How do I get it off?
Hi Idream. Are you having some sort of problem with it? What exactly are you asking? How to turn it off when it goes off? How to remove the system?

If you are asking how to turn if off when it goes off...the instructions are in the Owners Manual. If you do not have your hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

If you are having some sort of problem with it and are asking how to remove the system, your best course of action would be to have it removed by a dependable auto shop or tech.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 2008 ford fusion And the previous owner took out the gps and left wires hanging I thought that was why it wouldn't start but then I noticed a red blinking light on the right bottom that shows a lock? I was wondering if that was anti theft device and that's why it won't start

·
Super Moderator
5,855 Posts
It's a 2008 ford fusion And the previous owner took out the gps and left wires hanging I thought that was why it wouldn't start but then I noticed a red blinking light on the right bottom that shows a lock? I was wondering if that was anti theft device and that's why it won't start
Hi Idream. Again, far too little information to give any sort of accurate assistance.

For example:
When did you purchase your Fusion?
Did it run properly when you purchased it?
If yes, when did it stop running properly?
What happens when you turn the key? Does it crank at all when you turn the key? Nothing? Clicks?
Have you checked the battery?
Have you tried jump starting it?

A blinking red light does not necessarily mean the Anti-theft system is disabling the car. It may simply mean the system is working properly. We don't even know exactly which light you are referring to. When you check your Owners Manual, what light is it and what does the manual state?

If you do not have your hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

It sounds like you will need a competent shop to take a look at your Fusion and figure out why it will not start.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts