FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,980 Posts
[quote author=chm1chm1 link=topic=81858.msg1526573#msg1526573 date=1183096407]
Must/Should the "shark fin" antenna on the Milan be removed before the car enters a drive-through carwash? Thanks.
[/quote]

Hi chm1. :wavey: No, there is no need to remove it. It's not long enough (like a regular stalk antenna) to be damaged in a car wash. If it makes you feel safer to remove it, or the car wash insists, then remove it. I have the window antenna, so am not sure how hard the "shark fins" are to remove. Do they screw on/off like the stalks (I wouldn't think so), or need to be unbolted from underneath?

By the way, what was the outcome to the "strange noise (hum)" you asked about a week ago. Did you ever find the cause or resolve the problem? It helps everyone when we know what a problem was caused by, and what the solution was.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, as to the irritating hum I described in another thread: Please read my dissertation there.

As for the shark fin antenna, it can actually be removed from its roof-mounted base ... probably more easily than it should. The only "tools" required are three fingers and a little muscle to unscrew the antenna! Still, I'm not sure about removing it whenever I head for the car wash. I don't want to damage the fin, but on the other hand don't want to endure the possibly-unnecessary hassle of reaching over to the fin with my short stature then unscrewing it as I contemplate visiting the car wash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts