FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some expert advise on replacing the stanchion. Have a moon roof and wondering if this complicates the replacement via removing headcover. I removed the rear passenger dome light and noticed there appears to be a black box with cords running to it. Is it still possible to replace the stanchio without removing anything but the headcover. i'm thinking antennna maybe a possible breakage issue so figure i'll try to do myself instead of paying $300 bucks for apparent simple antenna replacement.
Thank you! David

·
Registered
11 Posts
The little whip antennas coming out the top with their wire wrapping concern me from the get go. I am not even sure I could safely go through a car wash without it being ripped off. Would love to hear updates on possible replacement options or ways to protect it more effectively.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The little whip antennas coming out the top with their wire wrapping concern me from the get go. I am not even sure I could safely go through a car wash without it being ripped off. Would love to hear updates on possible replacement options or ways to protect it more effectively.
The whip antenna is easily removed as it screws on. You could remove it before going into the car wash.

Do they still have car washes with rotating brushes in your region? Those are bad for many reasons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts