FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It occurs to me now that I have no front license plate bracket. State law will require me to use a front license plate, and I am sure the dealer will provide me with a bracket. A front license plate is really going to mess up the look of the car.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
[quote author=fusionSELowner link=topic=32191.msg451225#msg451225 date=1130180895]
It occurs to me now that I have no front license plate bracket. State law will require me to use a front license plate, and I am sure the dealer will provide me with a bracket. A front license plate is really going to mess up the look of the car.
[/quote]

Where are you from?

I don't know, I live in 2 states with that law, never been bothered not having one. It doesn't tend to be a law that gets you pulled over, but rather one they'll use if they have some other reason to pull you over then need something else to tag you on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
They may have actually given you one. Mine flew off! I have pics in the gallery showing that I clearly had one, but now it is gone! I went to the dealer and he said that the cars show up at the dealerships with the brackets in the trunk. There is a cheap plastic bracket on the back of the housing that plugs in between the lower chrome bars. They are supposed to SCREW THE PLATE INTO the front bumper. If they don't, the cheap bracket breaks and you loose your housing. I, for one, am glad that they did not put holes in my front bumper. In Texas, we are required to have two plates, but I will take my chances. The dealer says that the ticket will be dismissed if you take a photo of a plate on the front of your car and take it to court... PLus, they will never pull you over for this offense alone.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
[quote author=fusionSELowner link=topic=32191.msg452679#msg452679 date=1130267893]
I think I will get pulled over in Cali for this because without it I can't get nailed by photo radar, etc.
[/quote]

Photo radars use rear plates, to the best of my knowledge.

Anyway I'm n ot really advocating going without a front plate. Just I dont' like having one, so I don't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts