FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little trick that I use that works on the cloth seats in our Fusions. I know a lot of people have been complaining about these and how they are hard to keep clean and keep hair-free.

I use a lint roller that you can get at Wal-Mart or any other grocery store. These are the rollers with the tape on them. They work perfect on keeping my cloth seats clean. I keep it in the car at all times and when I want to just do a quick brush up, I peel off a new little sheet and roll it on the seats. It works like a charm. I thought I'd share that one with you guys in case you are having a tough time finding a solution to get up all the dirt/lint/hair from your seats.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Glad to see that I'm not the only one with a lint roller in the glove box.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you'd find the lint roller more efficient than the duct tape. It has more rolls than Rosie O'Donnell's stomach. :loco:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I found this little trick as well. I even use mine on the carpet between vacuums. The 3M brand ones work the best from my experience. The cheaper ones don't pick up as much and are harder to peel the layers off.

·
Registered
610 Posts
My solution: I purchased a set of new Fusion charcoal leather seating surfaces off of ebay for $300, took off the cloth, installed the leather, now no complaints. Gum on the back seat was the last straw for me. The cottonwood seeds unleased a horrible terror on my cloth seats when I had the windows cracked in the parking lot. The cloth seats produce an electromagnetic field that attracts debris and lint from seemingly unknown sources. Changing out the seating surfaces was a bitch, next time I will just order leather from the factory.

[quote author=mrc link=topic=78789.msg1441996#msg1441996 date=1180365435]
I have a little trick that I use that works on the cloth seats in our Fusions. I know a lot of people have been complaining about these and how they are hard to keep clean and keep hair-free.

I use a lint roller that you can get at Wal-Mart or any other grocery store. These are the rollers with the tape on them. They work perfect on keeping my cloth seats clean. I keep it in the car at all times and when I want to just do a quick brush up, I peel off a new little sheet and roll it on the seats. It works like a charm. I thought I'd share that one with you guys in case you are having a tough time finding a solution to get up all the dirt/lint/hair from your seats.
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking to add leather to the interior. Did you do the front and back seats with those covers? If so, who was the seller?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I did both the front and back seats. It was a complete leather kit from a 2007 Fusion, new, from an interior shop who installs custom leather seats.
automotiveinteriors36 is the ebay id of the seller.

[quote author=mrc link=topic=78789.msg1452121#msg1452121 date=1180668447]
I'm looking to add leather to the interior. Did you do the front and back seats with those covers? If so, who was the seller?
[/quote]

·
Registered
195 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=78789.msg1445230#msg1445230 date=1180481657]
I think you'd find the lint roller more efficient than the duct tape. It has more rolls than Rosie O'Donnell's stomach. :loco:
[/quote]

Niiiice. Now I'm REALLY glad I joined this forum. LMAO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts