FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say what you do to your car is an expression of self. That being the case, I want my car to look like it's pissed off. I didn't know where to go to get a sheet of glossy black vinyl, so I bought a stripe decal from Murray's and cut out the patterns. The results were... imperfect. It's flat black and there are bubbles. It looks pretty good from far away, so it wasn't a complete fiasco. What do you guys think?

G

·
FRICKEN AWESOME.

Not to be a poser, but I am so doing that. That looks kick ass, not to mention I wonder if I could do it so maybe with would make a nice clean cut-off point on the headlights.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Aaaallll righty then,----now..........come and take your meds :sarc:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I have seen that done on a few Sunfires. It looks okay, but it doesn's really look pissed. Also, I am geometric, so I don't like how the trim is covering some of the upper projector beam housing inside the head light. But, whatever rocks your boat, keep on paddling. :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've never been a fan of this mod on any car. But. it's yours. Props to your for trying something new.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I was trying to make it look more aggressive. I often see eyebrows on Mazda 6's and I think they look awesome. It doesn't interfere with the efficacy of the headlamps. I deliberately made it cover some of the projector beam housing to make it look abruptly cut off, like how the headlights on the new Avengers are.

·
Registered
933 Posts
They were very popular among the 2nd Gen Neon crowd. I really didn't like them on Neons. Your's looks better.

·
Registered
477 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=84106.msg1580092#msg1580092 date=1185248987]
It doesn't look pissed off, it looks stoned. :lol:
[/quote]

That's what I thought. :lol: I was thinking he must like to smoke if his car shows his own xpressions. :lol:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=koreySE link=topic=84106.msg1584417#msg1584417 date=1185374192]
They were very popular among the 2nd Gen Neon crowd. I really didn't like them on Neons. Your's looks better.
[/quote]

Like this??? :lol: I think those look great. I have been thinking about doing some because i like eyelids on most of the cars i have seen them on. Just want not sure how they would look on the fusion but i think they look great.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=84106.msg1585330#msg1585330 date=1185386716]
So where would you get something like this, or can you just go and get like 0% limo tint and put it on there?
[/quote]

i just called a local shop called Signs Now and they sell Vinyl 7 year decals for $6 a sq foot. So looks like i am going to give this a shot. Going to get 2 foot just to make sure i have enough but for $12 if it looks bad then oh well i take it off but i think it is going to look nice.

·
Registered
135 Posts
[quote author=11011101 link=topic=84106.msg1579854#msg1579854 date=1185246316]

[/quote]

They look great to me 8) .....I wish there was a way for me to do it in Dark Blue. Any ideas?!?!?

G

·
Hey slater, I'm not sure what design you will go after. But do you think it would be possible to make the mean look, and also give the headlights that nice straight cut off line at the same time.

Right now with my HID's they are two flare up's that you can see on the roadway and I want to get rid of them, maybe this will be the trick!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=84106.msg1585677#msg1585677 date=1185391571]
Hey slater, I'm not sure what design you will go after. But do you think it would be possible to make the mean look, and also give the headlights that nice straight cut off line at the same time.

Right now with my HID's they are two flare up's that you can see on the roadway and I want to get rid of them, maybe this will be the trick!
[/quote]

Let me do some playing around in Paint (i do not have photo shop) and i will post up some stuff. Since this stuff is so cheap can make a few diff styles and see how they look.

G

·
I tried it in paint, it's just not the same.

I figure I will try and get some black vinyl and then lay it out over the headlight. See if I can think of some cool designs.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the praise. I'll definitely try to get some glossy vinyl and make them as perfect as I can now. And perhaps I'll try to make it look less stoned lol, I fortunately/unfortunately don't do that anymore. I had another template that had more of a curved look, but I don't think I would be able to cut it out very accurately. Plus, I don't know if a curved look would match the style of the car. I tried to continue the line of the hood.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts