FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is very trivial, but the hour hand on my Fusion SEL clock has begun drifting out of position over the past 6 weeks. At 3 o'clock, the hour hand is now where it should be at 2:40.

Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
464 Posts
It means your head gasket is going to blow. :shock:

·
Registered
492 Posts
^^^
lol

·
Super Moderator
5,855 Posts
[quote author=PeterC6482 link=topic=135836.msg2925359#msg2925359 date=1234233400]
This is very trivial, but the hour hand on my Fusion SEL clock has begun drifting out of position over the past 6 weeks. At 3 o'clock, the hour hand is now where it should be at 2:40.

[/quote]

Hi Peter. :wavey: Haven't seen this concern mentioned in the past.

Is your car still under Warranty? If it is, bring it in and have them replace the clock. If it is not, you can purchase a new clock for a minimal amount, either from your Dealers Parts Departmenta, or one of the online Ford Parts Distributors always mentioned here.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi bbf2530,

This is a concern of mine because the clock is slowly becoming unreadable.

I'm concerned that dealer will say "it looks okay to me."

I realize that its an inexpensive part. I can always replace it on my own if dealer will not replace it under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
5,855 Posts
[quote author=PeterC6482 link=topic=135836.msg2928418#msg2928418 date=1234327307]
Hi bbf2530,

This is a concern of mine because the clock is slowly becoming unreadable.

I'm concerned that dealer will say "it looks okay to me."

I realize that its an inexpensive part. I can always replace it on my own if dealer will not replace it under warranty.
[/quote]

Hi Peter. :wavey: So then I assume your car is still under Warranty. This is a "no brainer" and a simple fix. Unless the clock shows some outward signs of having been hit/damaged, the Dealers Service Department will repair/replace (most likely replace) the clock without a question.

When you bring it in for service just set the clock to an exact hour (like your example of 3:00), so that it is plain to see that the hour hand is in the wrong place. Show it to the Service Writer while it is set to the exact hour. In this way, the misalignment of the hour hand will be readily apparent.

Save yourself a lot of worrying and just bring your car in for service. In general at most Automotive Dealerships, if you are polite and treat the Service Department Staff as human beings, they will take good care of you.

Let us know how you make out and good luck. :cheers:

PS - When I stated in my first reply that I "Haven't seen this concern mentioned in the past", I was answering your question in your first post when you asked "Has anyone else noticed this?". I meant that I had not seen anyone else complain about it until now. From your above reply, it seemed my answer may have confused you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello BBF2530.

Thank you again.

Yes, I realized what you meant in your first post.

I really appreciate your thoughtful answers and comments on this board.

Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts

Yes, we have a 2008 Milan and the same thing is happening. Just can't find repair instructions!

·
Super Moderator
5,855 Posts
Yes, we have a 2008 Milan and the same thing is happening. Just can't find repair instructions!
Hi sstarr. If you are referring to removing, repairing and reinstalling your current clock, there are no repair instructions. It would need to be replaced, as mentioned in the tread above. You can see if it is still available from the Parts Department of your local Ford dealer and/or online Ford parts sellers. You could also try to find any available at a salvage yard.

As a last resort, I guess you could try removing the clock from the dash and taking it to a clock repair shop to see if there is anything they can do. I tend to doubt it, but it's worth a try if you can not find a new one.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts