FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple questions if anyone can help. #1 Would a bad ground connection still run the amp? #2 I originally had a 6 gage wire for the ground, I must have trashed it while removing the system from my truck, all I had laying around was a 8 gage, how much of a difference would that make? Basically what is happening is there is power going to the amp and its pushing the sub but only if I switch on the bass boost and mess with the bass level. I know for sure everything else is installed correctly thats why i think it might be the ground wire. #3 last question i promise, wheres the best place to ground? Thanks for any help.

G

·
1, if it's loose it's possible

2 how many watts are you running, im running 1200 watts and i ran 4 gauge to be on the safe side

3 to the chassis underneath the carpet in the trunk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im running 800watts, rite now I have it grounded on the rear seat bracket. I didnt think it was a good spot but after I realized that i didnt have my original wire I just wanted to see if the radio and amp turned on and just deal with it tomorrow. Is there any screw in the trunk that could be used or do I have to get a new one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I saw that you said you used the rear seat bracket to ground your amp. The bolt in my response is sorta part "A" rearseat bracket too. I'm not sure it the same one you used. I will promise you tho, mine is being used for 2 amps pushing 5 speakers and works flawlessly. Hope this helps.

Open rear driverside door. Flip rear seatback/trunk access down. (YES that involves going thru the trunk to get that seatback folded down) Okay. Door open, seatback down: There's trunk carpet right in front of you that can be lifted up. There's a bolt right there. Pretty big one. I loosened the bolt up so it was half way out. (and scraped paint off where it was going to be re-seated) Then I wrapped the gounding wires from two amps around it and tightened it. My system sounds freaking delicious. No problems at all.
I forget the size of the bolt. It might be around a 5/8ths. I do know that I had everthing I needed in a cheap toolset. It was easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea i figured out the problem, thank god i couldn't stand having that stock system any longer. For at least the past 10 years I've had a decent system and any factory system just doesn't cut it when you've been blowing your ear drums out for that long. Thanks again for all your guys help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.