FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. Im about to put my amp and subs in my car, however im not sure where to mount the amp.

Most people mount it to the back of the rear seats right? Are they simply just screwing it into the rear seat, or are they bolted in with luck nuts/washers on each end for a more secure install..

I have a rather large sub box, and I could probably mount the amp/cap on there.. Im just not sure what the best way to do it would be..

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I like mounting the amp to the back of the rear seat. Then you can fold down the seat, roll down your windows and keep the amp cooler. Which will greatly extend the amps life. Just take 4 small screws, maybe half inch to inch and screw..... the bolt in that is.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking for Amp mounting ideas...

I couldnt find a good spot to drill into the seat, it seems that mostly the seatback is plastic... Anyone else have any amp mounting suggestions/locations?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Your correct, drill into the plastic, the screws holds fine.

·
Registered
505 Posts
if you don't want to screw into the back of the seat (which I personally don't like). then you could:
1.) screw it onto the sub box (but this makes your entire sub/amp system much easier to steal
2.) mount it to the bottom side of the rear deck (but keep in mind the rear deck gets very hot after sitting in the sun)
3.) mount the amp to MDF then mount the MDF/amp vertically against the side of the trunk (you don't need to bolt the MDF to the trunk, just make a 90° mount and use velcro to secure it to the bottom and side carpeting.

option#1 is the easiest
option#2 would be the "cleanest" looking install
option#3 is the best of both worlds in my opinion

good luck :wavey:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=FusionFanatic link=topic=90479.msg1765181#msg1765181 date=1191810230]
option#1 is the easiest
option#2 would be the "cleanest" looking install
option#3 is the best of both worlds in my opinion

good luck :wavey:
[/quote]

I am in the process of hooking up my system. I am going with option three. I am going to mayke a small mounting deck with about a 75 degree angle to mount the amp on. I never liked mounting amps on the back of the seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts