FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be installing a new HU and amp in my 07 fusion Friday. Installing the radio should be no problem if I can figure out how to remove the panel around the stock radio ( suggestions welcome for that issue). Also if anyone can give me any advice on where to run the power cable..remote..rca cable...etc. i do have experience installing systems but they have all been in f-150's(little more room to work). Thanks for reading this post any help would be greatly appreciated, so i can stay half way sane while installing this equipment. Thanks

G

·
To take the trim off around the headunit, start from the bottom and just pull on it. It should put out just a little, then work your way around the piece.

As for the wires, run them down from behind the headunit and go across the front interior firewall down the sides of the car underneath the trim. You should be able to just lift it with a screwdriver and push the wires up along the trim. Then you lift/bend the back seat just a little so you can pass the wires underneath the rear seats on it should pop out underneath the carpet in the trunk. As for making holes to run the power cable. If you look up from the drivers side footwell, to the left their is an area you can drill, pick the center of that left high area and drill.

Warning, when you drill, it may take fragments out of the plastic, it's ok, I have seen it happen to a few fusions, the plastic is just easy to break. You won't be able to see it unless you are in the footwell looking up.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advise, the only thing im worried about is where i drill, could you be little more specific about the area to drill through. Ive owned a truck for the past 10 years which provided me with a lot of room to work with. When saw how little room I have in my fusion I about had a nervous breakdown(not really, but you know what I mean).

G

·
Alrite, I will get a picture for you. Unfortunately my battery just died and it takes 6 HOURS to charge!

So a little after 10 I will try and get that pic up for you, if not, I can have it up by tommorrow.

G

·

Sorry it's kind of fuzzy, was trying to shoot in the dark.

Anyways, right there in that location. Though double check and make sure you won't hit anything. You should be good, it should bring you right up behind the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts