FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up with the ambient lighting in my cup holder?

I have a 2019 Ford Fusion Titanium and all the ambient lighting in the doors, floorboards, etc work except the cup holder is half green and half blue. When I try and change the colors from the options the other lights work, except the cup holder which just dim a bit. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
6,087 Posts

I have a 2019 Ford Fusion Titanium and all the ambient lighting in the doors, floorboards, etc work except the cup holder is half green and half blue. When I try and change the colors from the options the other lights work, except the cup holder which just dim a bit. Any thoughts?
Hi Davey and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. It is possible you have some LED lights malfunctioning. Is your 2018 Fusion still within the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty or an ESP Plan?

Good luck.

·
Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
158 Posts
I only have 2020 Wiring Diagram, and the cup holder ambient lighting was removed for 2020, but I am sure it is the same as all the others, it gets 12v, ground, and a logic signal (which is different than older ones that had 3 RGB wires to each LED). I would guess there is an issue with the module itself. Not knowing enough details on the new setup or where it is, I don't have any better ideas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Davey and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. It is possible you have some LED lights malfunctioning. Is your 2018 Fusion still within the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty or an ESP Plan?

Good luck.
Thanks for welcome! Sadly it has passed the warranty, do you k ow if it’s possible to replace the lights and not the whole assembly

·
Administrator
6,087 Posts
Thanks for welcome! Sadly it has passed the warranty, do you k ow if it’s possible to replace the lights and not the whole assembly
Hi Davey. I believe (but am not sure) you can replace the cupholder component. Best way to check parts availability would be to stop by the Parts Department of your local Ford Dealer and have them pull up the exploded diagram for the parts availability and pricing. Have your VIN handy.

Once you have a price and part number, you an negotiate with them or check for pricing with online Ford Parts sellers.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hello! 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium here. Did you ever find a solution to this?

I'm having a similar issue that started exactly like yours last night. But it has now also spread to the foot LEDs- both of them and the console LED are not turning on at all. The passenger door now sometimes changes to whatever color it wants. Cupholder now stuck on blue.

I suspect a fuse but can't find the ambient lighting fuse on the diagram. Looks like that fuse in the 2018 model is in the #1 position on the passenger compartment fuse box but it says that one is unused in the owners manual.

You'll have to scroll down but here's an online guide I found- it shows the 2018 Ambient Light fuse, but not the 2019 or 2020

1 - 7 of 7 Posts