Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1066 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
********SALE OPEN********

General Info:

This is freetime "after my day job / home workshop" type of work for me, so my production rate is rather slow. So I have created a waitlist type mode of operation for the 'production' of these plates.

The deadpedal plates are cut from 0.032" thick aluminum sheets. The plates are cut to proportionally match the carpeted deadpedal area in the Mazda3. There will be two styles of plates; flat and flanged. The flanged application provides coverage for the flat portion of the area, the corner and also about 3/4" worth of coverage for the inside edge of the raised deadpedal/footrest area. The plates will come w/ or w/o mounting holes drilled and screws will be supplied (#6 Stainless steel screws, phillips panhead). There will be three color options for the plates; metallic silver, gloss black, or satin black. Non-skid will be applied to provide some sort of traction to the plates. There are currently two patterns in which the non-skid is applied; regular or NA pattern. Samples of each pattern are shown below...

Regular pattern

NA pattern

Options are....

• Flat or Flanged plate
    Silver, gloss black, or satin black
    blank (no non-skid), regular pattern, or NA pattern

Pricing: (in USD)

Item price: (pricing subject to change)
Flat Plate, Non-skid (NA pattern) w/ logo - $17
Flanged Plate, Blank - $18.50
Flanged Plate, Non-skid (regular pattern) - $19.00
Flanged Plate, Non-skid (regular pattern) w/ logo - $20
Flanged Plate, Non-skid (NA pattern) w/ logo - $27
=========================================
additional pictures of the plates can be viewed by clicking on the "pic" links on the waitlist

Shipping:
Within US via USPS first-class mail (3-5 business days)
Flat plate ..... $1.80
Flanged plate ..... $2.25
Canada and the Caribbean
Airmail Post (4-7 business days, pending customs) ..... $3.25
Outside North America
USPS Global Priority (4-6 business days) ..... $5

Forms of payments accepted:

• Paypal, if paying via payPAL please add the following to cover for the 3% + $0.30 fee.
    - Flat plate, add $0.80
    - Flanged plate (regular pattern), add $1.10

• Money Order (my mailing address will be given after I complete your order)

Examples on how to calculate total costs (two examples) ....

Flanged, non-skid (regular pattern) w/ Mz3 logo; shipped within US; paid w/ PayPAL
Item Price: $20.00
Shipping: + 2.25
PayPal fee: + 1.10
===================
Total = $23.35

Flanged, non-skid (NA pattern) w/ Axela logo; shipped to Canada; paid w/ money order
Item Price: $27.00
Shipping: + 3.25
===================
Total = $30.25

Ordering and Contact Info:

Please send all orders/requests and correspondence (questions, comments, suggestions etc.) with 'Mz3 Deadpedal Plate' in the subject line to [email protected] . Your request/order should include the following.....

• Mz3forums username
    Country of residence (for shipping estimates)
    your order

You will then be placed in queue on the waitlist, and entries will be filled on a 'first-come, first-served basis'.

------sok07

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
FS: Deadpedal plates for the Mazda3

Wow, nice job on that last one. How are you cutting out the Mazda3?

JT

·
Registered
52 Posts

Interested, PM'd you.

·
Registered
437 Posts

also interested...any idea on the different writing?

·
Registered
621 Posts

I just ordered a blank flanged and straight plate (no logo, no grip) and let me just be the first to commend sok07, not only did he correspond w. up to 3 emails/day but the fabrication of the plates and shipment was double quick and the pricing is superb compared to other custom-made dead pedal plates kicking around.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Axela logo can be done. They're just cut out of the non-skid sheet.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

Can anyone think of some ways i could make a blank flanged plad look neat. I dont know how well i could drill lots of little holes.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

SpeedoLover said:
Can anyone think of some ways i could make a blank flanged plad look neat. I dont know how well i could drill lots of little holes.
If you have a punch set with a tad larger die you can do the "dot" thing with little perforations for non skid. going to be trying this with some stainless I have.

BTW these look very nice!

·
Registered
68 Posts

Wow....I'm definitely interested.....do you have any pics of the flanged plate installed?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Took me longer than expect to make the flanged plates...about 1.5hr from start to finish for two flanged plates. I'm considering raising the flanged price somewhere around $3 across the board. So for those that already ordered a flanged plate a $1.50 gratuity would be appreciated. :lol: As for the flat plates, the price will remain the same. For the flanged application I have to make the bend and two more cuts than the flat plate...which is the main reason for the increase.

I will have a pic of a completed flanged plate mounted and installed tomorrow.

Anyhow, I hope the two flange plates that I finished this afternoon will justify the $3 price increase.

Digger10t's plate....(Flanged, NS, Mz3 logo)

click on image for larger view

Badger Biker....(Flanged, NS, Axela logo)

***Psssst.......I accept TIPS!!!*** :D

·
Registered
10,693 Posts

very nice job on the dead pedals :goodjob: to bad i already bought one a while back.

·
Registered
646 Posts

hey i want one def. give us your Info!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

From now on....Please send all inquiries and correspondence to my secondary email address [email protected]. My Mz3forum inbox is almost full :shock:
:shock: :shock:

·
Registered
853 Posts

Does the flanged one sit flush or are you elevating it?? I really like the Axela logo.
Do you take money via paypal?? :)

·
Registered
621 Posts

Mm, I can't wait for mine to get here in a few days, I think its being shipped out tomorrow or the day after. I ordered a blank flanged and a blank flat plate, no emblems, no tape, I'm going to see if I can have it painted/anodized a matte colour to hide any scratches in the plate and then find some grip tape locally, will post pics if all goes as planned.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

SPACE WRANGLER said:
SpeedoLover said:
If you have a punch set with a tad larger die you can do the "dot" thing with little perforations for non skid. going to be trying this with some stainless I have.

BTW these look very nice!
screw my message-with "dots" dirt will get under the plate som you will have to take it off all the time to clean the carpet-duh- also the perfs don't look that great. so I went for these nice ones

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I promised a few people yesterday that I'd post pics of the flanged plate installed.....well here they are. I borrowed Badger Biker's Axela plate.

I will post "the list" shortly. This way you can confirm your order and find out your position on the wait-list.

------sok07

1 - 20 of 1066 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.