FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
my second post of the day been surfrin these bords for a few mths when I got ourf new Fusion
its a blk on blk 06 SE
ordered and installed a real aluminium dash kit from ebay $85+$30 shipping
will post some other mods i have done since we bought the car
i think it looks great although i ended up not using 12 pcs of the kit it would have been too much aluminium
also i have a wheelskinz steering wheel cover much better than the plastic se wheel
Bose

·
Registered
244 Posts
That looks real good, did you happen to buy it from BDTrims on eBay? I bought the same style kit from them a couple days ago, and now I'm really looking forward to delivery day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it was from bdtrims
if you bought the aluminium kit you might find that the edges are a little rough you can file them down with a nail file
before you install the piece
shipping was steep though but it was ups expidited
just make sure you clean the dash good but the install was not to difficult

Bose

·
Registered
910 Posts
I like it! I wish it was an option when I got my car the piano black is nice (though I've seen nicer piano black trims) this trim you have is certainly nicer than the painted plastic they keep using in ford/lincoln products yuck!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Wow, I thought about getting wood grain for my interior trim, but after seeing this, with my car being Silver Frost and and the silver trim around the gauges, I want the brushed aluminum now. Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well I have the tan interior, but I think it may look nice Slater. Although, the darker color would make it stand out and look nice. I am confused now. :?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Great job with the install Bose, it looks great and so much shinier now.

Happy driving!

·
Registered
399 Posts
That looks really nice! I have been trying to decide for months now if I should do that same thing....... I still cant decide :x

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The wheelskin is fantastic i went fror a blk/blk as i like the factory look and i wanted the seams on the sides where the 2 colors join
i recently drove a 08 se while mine was in for service and the wheel felt sooo skinny compared to the wheelskin covered one
make it a lot more sporty feeling ;-)
just take your time and pull that cord tight ... it says 1hr for install but it took me longer more like 1:30 and i got a blister lol
should have used a band aid to start with!!

Bose

·
Registered
382 Posts
That trim deletes the clock huh?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Oooo...I see :) I have the SEL and never looked in the other interiors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts