FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its rim decision time. right now im at a loss for what i should get.
its a toss up between 18's or 20's
given the 20's look nicer they do have their downfalls
18's i dunno just dont seem big enough for the car.
i am comming off from own a moded civic which i found rims that went perfect with it. see picture.

below the picture of my civic are my two choices. The black with polished lip im having more doubts on because my fusion will be blue, and going through the pic section, i wasnt digging the black/polished lip on the blue.
so the 20's are the black
and the 18's are the hyperblack color. opinions please! this has been bugging me.

hyperblack 18's

black/polished lip 20's

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
For a blue Fusion, the hyperblack 18's. I think the dark gray color will look better with blue. Also, I'm just not a fan of 20s.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you dont mind me asking, why are you not a fan?
im just trying to get input on it.

what size do you have? and if possible can you post a pic of your car

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
18's, definitely (waits for Ceace....)

I'm not a fan of 20's because I think they're too "look at me, I need attention", seriously hamper acceleration and braking and I didn't buy a family sedan for it to ride like an old horse-drawn wagon.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=mirrorimage link=topic=91358.msg1771708#msg1771708 date=1192044385]
or i could always meet in the middle and get 19's in that hyperblack which im liking more and more.
[/quote]

Aren't tires harder to find in 19"?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wouldnt know really but the internet is amazing these days ha.
i dunno ill probably go with the 18's i might think about the 19's.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
:wavey: Hello all!!! It is I, the CHROME/20's lover :banana:. What's up Mirror? Love the Civic by the way. I see you are on a toss up for rims. Well, like I have said in many threads here, 20s look the best on the Fusion, in my opinion. But, like you are aware of, there are downfalls: loss of horsepower and gas mileage (if you drive a way that makes the car have to immediately burn more gas like jack rabbit starting from stop). From your pics, I think the Hyper Black would look great if you get the black chrome grill and black out the tail lights. However, chrome is the best, IMO. Final words: I think you should go with 20s, oh, and by the way, 19s should be out of the Q because they are actually more expensive than 20s because they are rare. The demand for 19s are low. Final decision is all yours. Have fun shopping. :D :cheers:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'd go with the 18's and a little bigger tire. I have a 245/40 on my 18's and it fits the car nicely. I think if I had gone with a lesser tire, it wouldn't look as good.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
[quote author=mirrorimage link=topic=91358.msg1771645#msg1771645 date=1192042978]
if you dont mind me asking, why are you not a fan?
im just trying to get input on it.

what size do you have? and if possible can you post a pic of your car
[/quote]

Personally, I think the stock SEL 17s are the absolute best rims for the Fusion. However, those are probably the sweetest aftermarket rims I've seen on the forums. I think they will look awesome.

[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=91358.msg1771710#msg1771710 date=1192044397]
I'm not a fan of 20's because I think they're too "look at me, I need attention", seriously hamper acceleration and braking and I didn't buy a family sedan for it to ride like an old horse-drawn wagon.
[/quote]

Performance comes first.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yeah, mrc is right. What would look bad is a huge gap between the tire and fender. That is why I love 20's on the Fusion so much. 18's and a bigger sidewall tire would look ok, but I just like more chrome to my fender. I can say mrc's Fusion is my #1 pick for favorite Fusion with 18's (20's would look better though :whistle:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks ceace for the compliment on the civ.

boy i still dunno what i wanna do, i hate wheel gap though but im not sure if my budget will have enough for the springs, i might be able to get enough so i can get the springs along with the rims.

i've been looking and i should be able to get the hyperblack in 20's, but i guess if i was worried about performance i wouldnt have gotten a family sedan...

i would like to see a few cars with 18's on it if anyone could post a few pics.

tire question, the first size like when someone said 245/40 what does the 245 mean, just looked my my tires on my civic to refresh and they say 205/40

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Please note this isn't my car :lol:

[quote author=Skull_Cowboy link=topic=83898.msg1577962#msg1577962 date=1185210882]
First, a big round of applause for Jaysen. Next, here we go:

[/quote]

I think those look great in 18's.

With the style you're looking at (non-chrome), I wouldn't have a big problem. However, the ride/performance/braking/fuel economy tradeoff isn't worth it to me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=91358.msg1771921#msg1771921 date=1192049632]
:wavey: Hello all!!! It is I, the CHROME/20's lover :banana:. What's up Mirror? Love the Civic by the way. I see you are on a toss up for rims. Well, like I have said in many threads here, 20s look the best on the Fusion, in my opinion. But, like you are aware of, there are downfalls: loss of horsepower and gas mileage (if you drive a way that makes the car have to immediately burn more gas like jack rabbit starting from stop). From your pics, I think the Hyper Black would look great if you get the black chrome grill and black out the tail lights. However, chrome is the best, IMO. Final words: I think you should go with 20s, oh, and by the way, 19s should be out of the Q because they are actually more expensive than 20s because they are rare. The demand for 19s are low. Final decision is all yours. Have fun shopping. :D :cheers:
[/quote]

black chrome grill? where can i find pics of this?
i was looking at the street scence one i a brushed aluminum.

i think im gonna end up going with the 18's, than get springs at the same time and drop it down a bit.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
18s and with the money saved, springs. Just get a bit taller of a tire and your fender gap issue is solved! Any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im getting more and more excited to get my fusion even though its a family sedan, you can still make it look unique.

and the thing is you rarely see them customized, well i've never seen one at all in michgan
having a civic you see custom's all over, that are well just sick...
so right when i get the car this is whats going on

exhaust
rims
springs
street scenes grill
clarion dvd player
and i already have a sub and amp, kenwood amp with a mtx 7500 sub in a custom fiberglass box i did myself

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=mirrorimage link=topic=91358.msg1772104#msg1772104 date=1192055863]
thanks ceace for the compliment on the civ.

boy i still dunno what i wanna do, i hate wheel gap though but im not sure if my budget will have enough for the springs, i might be able to get enough so i can get the springs along with the rims.

i've been looking and i should be able to get the hyperblack in 20's, but i guess if i was worried about performance i wouldnt have gotten a family sedan...

i would like to see a few cars with 18's on it if anyone could post a few pics.

tire question, the first size like when someone said 245/40 what does the 245 mean, just looked my my tires on my civic to refresh and they say 205/40
[/quote]

Hi mirrorimage. :wavey: In answer to your question as to what the numbers mean:

The first number (in this case, 245), is the width of the tread in millimeters. The second number (in this case, 40) is called the "Sidewall Ratio". It means the height of the sidewall is 40% of the tread width.

So a 245/40 would have a tread that is 245 mm wide, and a sidewall height of 98mm (40% of 245).

Your Civic has a tread width of 205mm, and a sidewall height of 82mm (40% of 205).

Not trying to be a wiseguy here, but you should go to a few websites that provide information on tire sizing and construction (like www.tirerack.com) and study up a little on the important facts about tires. So many people seem to be only interested in "how it looks", as opposed to how it performs or is it right for my car. To me, it just seems counter productive to be so interested in wheel and tire size (only for the looks), but have no idea what the numbers actually mean. :bash:

Don't mind me, just my "old guy" rant for tonight. :blah:

Good luck with your car. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
exhaust
rims
springs
street scenes grill
clarion dvd player
HAHA! you're hooked now just like the rest of us.

I bought 17" replacements and probably would have gone with 18 if I had about 800 more bucks to blow at the time. I ended up with replacements for the stocker 17's...ADR's.... and think they look good.

I'd go with the 18's. Your performance and braking will suck big time if you go with 20's. Especially Chrome 20's....no offense, Ceace..... :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
No offense taken, There. Like I said, 18's will look nice. Just don't go lower than that, then you might as well keep the stockers! No offense There. :lol:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts