FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i just got my fusion yesterday and so far it's awesome. looks like nothing else out there. the only problem i see is not being able to shuffle all six cd's. i know people are saying you don't need that option because you can just put six mp3 cd's in and just let it shuffle one disc at a time. first, it should always be an option in every radio giving the technical advancements being made every day. second, as of this time, i don't have six mp3 cd's to even put in the changer. my favorite part of a changer is the all disc shuffle. it's just nice to hear different bands one after the other, or different rush albums in all six slots. :D i guess i will just have to start making mp3 cd's.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm sure he was referencing the 6 normal CD's in-place of the one MP3 CD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also i am not too happy when you shut the radio off or change media and go back to cd, the shuffle is no longer on. you have to turn it back on again and hear repeats.

·
Registered
288 Posts
... and I don't like how the stereo cannot be turned on without the key in the ignition... the Audiophile system I had with my SVTF had the ability to play for one hour without the key being inserted.  That was great for tailgating, or washing the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
don't they do a survey on what you want? you would think with all the technology they would make sure you got the best.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=lammer link=topic=52749.msg858879#msg858879 date=1154466192]
... and I don't like how the stereo cannot be turned on without the key in the ignition... the Audiophile system I had with my SVTF had the ability to play for one hour without the key being inserted. That was great for tailgating, or washing the car.

[/quote]
Lammer,
Even our 2000 Focus station wagon has that feature and I find it very handy, like it much better than the 10-minute-continue-to-play-until-you-open-the-door-feature in our new SEL AWD Fusion. Why would Ford, or any manufacturer convert a really good idea into a dumb one? Where are the marketing surveys? Boz

·
Registered
421 Posts
The need for multi disk changers indash is gone. You never have a use for it if you buy a good DMP (Digital Music Player) San Disk has a nice one way cheaper than an I-pod and without the limitations of I-tunes. It will play both MP-3 or WMA files. Mine is a 2GB with a 1GB expansion chip. Right now I have 1,115 WMA files @ 64 kbs.! I also found a good portible FM transmitter that is compatible with any DMP. I can take it within 20 feet of "any " radio tuned to 88.1 - 88.7 freqeuncies Even a house stereo! No need for docking stations.

·
Registered
509 Posts
[quote author=furious1auto link=topic=52749.msg1187324#msg1187324 date=1170657382]
The need for multi disk changers indash is gone. You never have a use for it if you buy a good DMP (Digital Music Player) San Disk has a nice one way cheaper than an I-pod and without the limitations of I-tunes. It will play both MP-3 or WMA files. Mine is a 2GB with a 1GB expansion chip. Right now I have 1,115 WMA files @ 64 kbs.! I also found a good portible FM transmitter that is compatible with any DMP. I can take it within 20 feet of "any " radio tuned to 88.1 - 88.7 freqeuncies Even a house stereo! No need for docking stations.
[/quote]

What are the limitations of Itunes?

·
Registered
421 Posts
you can olnly play songs formeted in I-tunes or your own personal library, And if you buy through I-tunes your only licensed to play the songs you buy on one I-pod. I have alot of pirated music and it all plays on my DMP. It will also recignize MP-3 or WMA formats!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I haven't had any problems loading my music to my Ipod, whether it was purchased on Itunes, or from other CDs I bought or burned. Have you ever used an Ipod?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes. In the area I work three men own I-pods 2 of them a 30 GB and the other a nano. We have a RCA patch cord connected to a 400 Watt stereo, and we switch back and forth between or DMP's 10 hours a day! I have become very familier with all three DMP's navigational tools and software. What I don't like about mine is that you can't search by ABC's. What I don't like about eighter mine or the I-pod is that you can not veiw ahead to see what song is next with out changing the song. With the MP-3 player in my phone I can see 5 songs ahead! Also on my SANSA I can shuffle only one genre if I wish, with an I-pod the shuffle option only works for the entire library. Say my dad comes over, I know he likes country. With my SANSA I can set to country and shuffle. Right now, the I-pod cannot do that. I know that it is just a matter of software and people telling Apple what they want though! It's the new thing as time goes on they will refine it even further!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have recorded six MP3 CD's for my changer. I have Sirius and an IPOD, but with the ability to have MP3 I don't see myslef using the Iopd at all. I have over 17,000 songs on my computer so I can't get them all on my IPOD or MP3 CD's but I can get several hundred of my favorites.

Does the shuffle, shuffle all the songs or just the songs within the folder? I put several artists with several albums so I am not sure, I guess I need to go mess with it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
This may sound like a silly question, but can the 6CD changer handle a DVD-R or DVD+R with MP3's on it? If so, then the sky's the limit!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts