FordFusionClub.com banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
I have a 2010 Ford Fusion it was recently hit turn it to the body shop pick it up last week airbag light steady stays on it came on the week or two weeks before I took it to the body shop I put a scanner on it and scanner didn't come up with any codes I stopped by AutoZone and had my battery checked and alternator and everything was good but when I unhook the scanner from the car it won't start it just makes a clicking sound like the battery is dead and it won't crank ... Just a 20 minutes ago I went to the store and came out to leave the store my car wouldn't start so I had to get a jump
Hi Stangman. The symptoms you describe (airbag light, clicking/no start condition/successful jump-starting) usually point towards a failing/dead battery. How old is the battery?

Sounds like the battery test may have been wrong. A full load test needs to be performed on the battery for an accurate diagnosis. AutoZone normally performs a simple battery test, which may not catch a lot of battery issues.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
Hi Stangman. This is all blind Internet diagnosis. That being said: If the battery "Needed charging.", then there is a good chance the battery is weak/failing. If it is weak/failing, then the startup diagnostics will fail and show an Airbag warning light. An illuminated Airbag warning light is often an unintentional battery health indicator.

Did you have the battery tested again? By who? Did they do a complete load test?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts