FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the last couple of months my I4 Auto was really getting loud when climbing hills, which I do fairly regularly. I kept thinking was it always this loud or I am just getting sensitive to it? It sounded sort of like an intake noise so I checked the air filter first and at 24K miles it still looked clean and then I tried to look at the sun through it and couldnt very well. I decided to buy a new one when I went to town and put it in right in the parking lot. Whoa! What a difference. Everything was back to normal. I know its not the quietest engine but its 10x better now and sounds just like new again! I think Ill order the K&N soon. I still love this car. Just an FYI if you notice the same symtoms. :eek:

Late

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
24K is a lot on a paper filter. Good choice going with the K&N if you do not want to go all the way with an intake. I had a K&N drop in before the Steeda intake and loved mine. when i put the intake on i gave my drop in filter to a co-worker since she also has an 07 fusion. She also loves it and after having it in there for 3 weeks her husband went and got one for his truck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good. It should easily pay for itself when I can clean it every 10 or 20k and not have to buy another paper one @ 10.99 a pop!

Late

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=desertman link=topic=87505.msg1675327#msg1675327 date=1188337637]
Sounds good. It should easily pay for itself when I can clean it every 10 or 20k and not have to buy another paper one @ 10.99 a pop!

Late
[/quote]

yep. Ge it at autoanything.com Free shipping it is $36.50 that is were i got mine.

http://www.autoanything.com/air-filters/60A2090A0A0A2515990.aspx

·
Registered
514 Posts
[quote author=cos link=topic=87505.msg1699798#msg1699798 date=1189287727]
desertman,

You can buy a paper filter on sale for 1/2 what you paid. As for the K&N - they're not real good at filtering out dirt.

Have a look: http://home.stny.rr.com/jbplock/ISO5011/SPICER.htm
[/quote]Greets cos,

well let me say this, while installing my K&N back in June, once I removed the cheapo OEM factory filter I noticed a fair amount of sand in the filter housing etc. so not really sure of what to make of that so called study which btw most should take with a grain of sand errr salt :chuckles: but since having the K&N in for nearly 3 months, it has let NO dirt in as I can attest after taking it out recently and I might say is as clean as the day I unwrapped it, go figure ;)

:cheers:

·
Registered
799 Posts
The only real way (read: affordable) to check filter efficiency is to have your oil analyzed and see what the silicon level is.

As for the dirt/sand is your airbox: I too have found that many times with ALL types of airfilters - before the filter, not after.

Don't you find it strange that the worlds fastest cars don't come with oiled cotton gauze filters from the factory?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts