FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a problem for a while that I don't know how to solve. I own a '06 Ford Fusion S, real base model. Cruise, electric locks, 5 speed manual Transmission, after-market radio (Installed after I bought by Best Buy).
My air conditioning will turn itself on randomly. History is when I start my car, my blower fan (high) and A/C light would be on even though my selector switch is in the off position. Turning the selector on then off a couple times would get the A/C light to go off, but while driving down the road, they would come on again. If I just have the fan on floor position, (because I know defrost kicks on the A/C), the A/C will activate on it's own randomly. I can usually just hit the button and it will go off. I know it's the A/C system too because I can hear/feel the change in the engine and vent air temperature (even though I have a leak somewhere because when I want to use it in hot weather it doesn't put out much cold air. I refilled it once, but it lost it after a week or two).
Over the last couple days now, I've had my radio on and while the A/C system (With re-circulation light also on) comes on after starting, the radio will cycle itself off and on also (this is a new symptom, or new to me because I don't leave my radio on much). After I get on the road and the A/C system shutdown (turning fan selector on/off as previously mentioned), the radio doesn't display any more issues. All the selector switches seem to operate normally (and the radio could be a completely different issue), so I don't know where to poke around next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I had a similar problem with a different car years ago. I bought lighter fluid and a book of matches. Problem solved. Within weeks I was driving a new car!

correction "Driving"

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
[quote author=Seasonalskier link=topic=202334.msg4173781#msg4173781 date=1326659322]
[quote author=bondservant link=topic=202334.msg4173703#msg4173703 date=1326635948]
I had a similar problem with a different car years ago. I bought lighter fluid and a book of matches. Problem solved. Within weeks I was diving a new car!
[/quote]
Diving around in a new car eh? ;) Lol
[/quote]
You could have ftfm :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is an "SJB"?
As for the lighter fluid, I'll have to pass. :) other than this issue the car and engine has been a great daily driver. My last job, I was putting 100 miles a day in it with no problems (except Louisiana heat)!

Thanks for your replies. My Monte Carlo has a "bcu" that gives people similar issues. Is this similar to the "sjb"?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I took the time to break into my console and look around. Because I had my radio installed, I wanted to check for possible shorts or such, but unfortunately everything looked neat and tidy. All factory wiring was still unbroken and in good condition. I pulled the heating/ AC selector unit out and checked it with no issues found either. Since then, though, I haven't seen any signs of the stated issue. (I do very little driving nowadays, though). If it stays working properly, then perhaps it was just a loose connection. Anyhow. I'll update more if it comes back. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, guys. I had the same problem as nichols2k had and I want to share with you how I manage to resolve it. When I found out about this problem, I asked my family if they have ever had something like that and if they can help me but they didn't have any issues like that so I decided to find something on the Internet but I didn't find anything. When I told everything to my friend he recommended me to use this site, he said that they provide good A/C repair services. I can say that their repair helped me a lot and I've never had any issues with my air condition at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts