FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-06-07-Ford-Fusion-AG-KIT-lowering-springs-1-2-F-R_W0QQitemZ140158617151QQihZ004QQcategoryZ33586QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've never heard of this Argentinian company, but it appears they make lowering springs for our cars. I've noticed a lot more manufacturers are producing after market parts for the Fusion lately. Hopefully this trend will continue but we'll get quality items. I wonder what the quality is on these springs. The drop is listed as 1.2 inches.

I'm betting we'll start seeing all those companies that went to the "the demand isn't there" card regarding Fusion after market parts will start taking a longer look.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Wow! Do ya think they are any good? I bought Eibachs last week for 219 shipped. IDK--a hundred bucks xtra is worth a little piece of mind imo.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=89532.msg1725924#msg1725924 date=1190253907]
Wow! Do ya think they are any good? I bought Eibachs last week for 219 shipped. IDK--a hundred bucks xtra is worth a little piece of mind imo.
[/quote]

I'm sure they aren't bad and they may be a nice drop for those that may not want the 1.5 or more drop. I agree with Jaysen. I'm sure someone will give them a shot.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=89532.msg1725994#msg1725994 date=1190256040]
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=89532.msg1725924#msg1725924 date=1190253907]
[/quote]

I'm sure they aren't bad and they may be a nice drop for those that may not want the 1.5 or more drop. I agree with Jaysen. I'm sure someone will give them a shot.
[/quote]
Ain't a gonna be me! :lol:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
The seller has really good feedback, they are basically Tenzo springs rebranded according to the FAQ. I'd consider them if I was looking for a milder drop, but I want something a bit lower. Hopefully someone will post back if they decide to try them out.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.ag.com.ar/ingles/index.html

Their website is very professional. Doing a little research on the specs of these springs, I wouldn't have any problem purchasing a set if I was in the market. Plus the price is essentially half of the other springs available for the Fusion.

·
Registered
514 Posts
wow mrc great find and info! I was actually going to order a set of Eibachs on Fri but since I saw your post, I'm very intrigued and reading their site as I write this. I may give these guys (AG) a more serious look now,

:cheers:

Gov

·
Registered
840 Posts
i wouldn't touch them personally. Suspension is pretty important when it comes to upgrades. i would spend the extra 100 bucks and get something that you know is good, or have good herd things from. Random ebay stuff like cross drilled magnesium rotors for $99 from no name companies, are things i would NEVER touch, or put on my car.

although, i went to their website, and its quite impressive, which in most cases will tell you if a company is at lest mediocre at best. i'd scout around for reviews on their springs w/ other cars, and see what you find.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I probably shouldn't pass judgement on 'em too quick. I don't know how springs are made. They may be just as good or better than anything else out there. I bought a tv for my garage one time. It was a 20" and was on sale for $79. It was made by a company called Daewoo. That sucka has been dropped, kicked, its full of dust and dirt and still going strong. That was 13 years ago. I guess ya never know. At any rate, like mrc said, it may open the market for more parts.
BTW--I remember asking the sales guy, "Who makes Daewoo?" He said, "they do" :shock:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Quality of construction is one thing, but springs need to be tuned to the car. You might have the best matalurgists around and use the highest quality materials, but to make good springs you have to do analysis of the ride frequencies and loading conditions of the vehicle they're going on. They don't sell Fusions in Argentina, so who did the R&D??

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
i may have to look at these. If they are TENZO springs re-badged then they are not bad at all. Have had Neon Buddies run with TENZO and they loved them. Plus i do not want a monster drop which is why i was going with steeda rather than Eibach (not a big diff between them). I want as close to 1" drop as possible. Just something that make the car not look like a 4X4 but also do not want to worry about speed bumps or my wife hitting a curb with the font of my car. So this may be a good product for me. And if they end up sucking then it is only $100

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=Waldo link=topic=89532.msg1726643#msg1726643 date=1190291619]
Quality of construction is one thing, but springs need to be tuned to the car. You might have the best matalurgists around and use the highest quality materials, but to make good springs you have to do analysis of the ride frequencies and loading conditions of the vehicle they're going on. They don't sell Fusions in Argentina, so who did the R&D??
[/quote]

Not sure, but you can ask this same question about many "reputable" parts that were made in other countries then.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I am not going to preach, but to shed a little light on things, just because something cost more doesn't mean it is better than another of lesser price. Don't get me wrong, some products are worth the extra money. Brand names are huge assets to a companies. Can you imagine how much money a "name" is worth? It is all called "Good Will", the positive reputation behind a name. When some companies out there who make products that are the same or almost the same as a competitor who is already running the market, the only thing they can do is sell their products at a lower price to try and receive as many sales as possible to give their competitor strong competition, because competition is the driving force in the world of business. Honestly, how many of you guys here bought or thinking about buying Eibach springs just because that is such a known brand name on this forum for springs? So, with that being said, I may just give these guys a try, after a little research on the quality of their products. It is all about doing your homework. :) Oh, I ended up preaching anyway huh? :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Kind of irrelevant and kind of not, but back to the "brand name" thing. We needed a new stove
so we bought one of the best ones out there, a Jenn-Air. It lists for just under $2000.00, and
it's a dual fuel, 5 burner, 2 oven, bad ass range. Well 4 months out of warranty it needed a $175.00
repair. I exchanged 3 emails with the corporate office and they are doing nothing for me. So just
because it says "insert brand name here" doesn't mean it's the best.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=Darin link=topic=89532.msg1727229#msg1727229 date=1190307033]
Kind of irrelevant and kind of not, but back to the "brand name" thing. We needed a new stove
so we bought one of the best ones out there, a Jenn-Air. It lists for just under $2000.00, and
it's a dual fuel, 5 burner, 2 oven, bad ass range. Well 4 months out of warranty it needed a $175.00
repair. I exchanged 3 emails with the corporate office and they are doing nothing for me. So just
because it says "insert brand name here" doesn't mean it's the best.
[/quote]
Exactly what I am saying, but you are having a customer service issue also. Good companies may end up with sh**** customer service. Just like a representative from Magnaflow told me that the dual exhaust for the Fusion SEL would not work with my I4, even with the modifications to make it fit (like cutting the open slot in the bumper for the second pipe), when I learned on here that it definitely works.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=89532.msg1727285#msg1727285 date=1190308261]
Just like a representative from Magnaflow told me that the dual exhaust for the Fusion SEL would not work with my I4, even with the modifications to make it fit (like cutting the open slot in the bumper for the second pipe), when I learned on here that it definitely works.
[/quote]

Well, I'm pretty sure that's their legal department speaking. If they tell you something will work, and they've never attempted to do it, they're opening themselves up for trouble. They only state what they know and what they've tested.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Oh yeah, duh, They say it work, I buy it, my performance be affected (negatively) or it doesn't fit like I expected, then I call and bless them out, and they will have to process a refund, shipping, and restorage. That would be a waste of time for both of us and a waste of money for them.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Im personally getting H&R Springs because that company is known for quality. Not to mention, i've put H&R springs on several cars, and they ride by far the best.

i want coilovers though :/ $1,500 is something i cant afford right now though haha.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts