FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally had these installed on Oct. 4th but I wanted to wait for a few weeks for them to really settle in order to give a good comparison between then and now.

Install was performed by a friend who's an ASE Certified Master Mechanic...

Look at the comparison between the new rears and the old one :)

Before:

After:(Oct. 4th)

After:(Oct. 25th)

Rear Before:

Rear After:(Oct. 4th)

Rear After:(Oct. 25th)

Back Before:

Back After:(Oct. 4th)

Back After:(Oct. 25th)

Side Before:

Side After:(Oct. 4th)

Side After:(Oct. 25th)

I budgeted myself for the Eibachs but came across the thread on the AGs and after doing the necessary research to quell my concerns, I took a chance and jumped onboard with AG for $99 and boy am I glad I did. With the settling now, the drop is absolutely perfect, any lower and it would've been too much especially given some of the roads around here. The ride quality is superb, not too stiff and no more Sponge Bob 4x4'ing :lol: But the best part, NO MORE squat and nosedive!! Now I have solid takeoffs and stops with authority ;) I'm lovin' it and it just keeps getting better by the day :) I love how they fill up the wells, makes it look more "euro" now. This was only the start of my suspension modding, as I have since added a larger sway bar which I will outline in another thread and will eventually add performance shocks to round things out. Anyhow, hope you all enjoy the pix and feel free to comment and ask away with any questions you may have,

:cheers:

Gov

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=WIFL link=topic=92826.msg1810747#msg1810747 date=1193372835]
How low dose it sit with two adults in the back? Man it does look sweet thou!!!!
[/quote]Greets WIFL, appreciate the compliment! Funny you should ask that, well here's a shot with my wife (having moved from the front to back not wanting to be in pic) and 19 yr old son in the back, this on top of a near full tank of gas...

Gov

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Very nice. I just intalled Eibachs, and you're right, it really does eliminate dive/squat.

Maybe it's just the tilt of the driveway, but it looks like the rear is considerably lower than the front. Is that how it's supposed to be?

EDIT: From looking at the pics again, it's mainly just that close up of the rear that makes it look like that. The full profile shots look great.

Good job for taking the plunge on the AG springs. I'm sure many will feel comfortable ordering them now :)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Your car looks awesome! :goodjob:

Giving these a shot was a brave move; I'm very glad they worked out for you! Are there any kind of squeaks or other noises after you got these installed (like some people have noticed with Eibachs)?

Keep us updated! If these keep performing, (and I really hope they do) I'll have to get a set for myself.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey Gov....great pix...nice stance...looks fabulous...very reasonable outlay...but most important is 'the ride'...sounds like ya got ur cake & r enjoying eat'n it, too!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
See, now I'm CERTAIN that my Eibachs are screwed up because mine doesn't sit even remotely lower than yours.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Please forgive me if this is a dumb question but I am totally new to the modifying world lol. I am picking up my new se on monday and think this looks amazing but have a couple questions. IS it just a matter of taking out the stock springs and replacing them with the new ones? How much (ballpark of course) would a machanic charge me for such a job.

I think it looks great and after finding this site I am more and more happy with my purchase every second of the day :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
[quote author=08-con-fusion link=topic=92826.msg1812994#msg1812994 date=1193446359]
Please forgive me if this is a dumb question but I am totally new to the modifying world lol. I am picking up my new se on monday and think this looks amazing but have a couple questions. IS it just a matter of taking out the stock springs and replacing them with the new ones? How much (ballpark of course) would a machanic charge me for such a job.

I think it looks great and after finding this site I am more and more happy with my purchase every second of the day :)
[/quote]
Hey, no dumb questions here! :)
The spring install is pretty much just replacing the stock ones with the new ones. There are several threads with descriptions on this, check them out to see if ya might want to give it a go yourself, it isn't that hard. You will need to get the car aligned afterward. As for having it done, I believe several have said here that it should run around $200 give or take. Good luck!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First off, thanks to everyone for all the great compliments! fatabbot I had nothing to lose and everything to gain for the price and certainly was my pleasure to ride point on this and I'm glad I did and hopefully it helps many...Dan can't wait for you to get yours and hear your thoughts from an autocrosser's perspective...11011101, your thoughts are greatly appreciated and regarding any squeaks or other odd noises, nada! absolutely none I'm happy to say and here's hoping your experiences are all that and more should you decide to grab a set...SG thanks to you for your support and kind words as well, glad you enjoyed the pix too means alot coming from you buddy and yes that cake is yummo :) ...WIFL you are most welcome, anytime!...thereisnospoon first off your ride is 1st rate and it sure sux to hear of your experiences with the Eibachs :( but what I'd suggest to you is to perhaps go to a shop such as a Midas or similar and have an expert look it over to see what might have been missed. For brakes, suspension things of that nature I put my pride aside and let the experts regardless of cost work on it because peace of mind trumps all ;)...08-con-fusion Skull speak truth, no dumb questions here ever! btw the install ran me $120 just 2 hours labor @ $60 per. Again for the peace of mind, well worth it!

:cheers: to all !!

Gov

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Governator link=topic=92826.msg1813855#msg1813855 date=1193509264]
thereisnospoon first off your ride is 1st rate and it sure sux to hear of your experiences with the Eibachs :( but what I'd suggest to you is to perhaps go to a shop such as a Midas or similar and have an expert look it over to see what might have been missed.[/quote]

I helped him install these springs, and I'm sure there were a few things that we should have paid closer attention to. I installed springs on my car last week, and was able to use some of the knowledge gleamed from this forum (and the previous install with Mark's car) and have had absolutely no noises/problems with mine. Thankfully he just ordered the SAP dampers, so we have the perfect opportunity to start from scratch when installing those.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=92826.msg1813861#msg1813861 date=1193509519]
[quote author=Governator link=topic=92826.msg1813855#msg1813855 date=1193509264]
thereisnospoon first off your ride is 1st rate and it sure sux to hear of your experiences with the Eibachs :( but what I'd suggest to you is to perhaps go to a shop such as a Midas or similar and have an expert look it over to see what might have been missed.[/quote]

I helped him install these springs, and I'm sure there were a few things that we should have paid closer attention to. I installed springs on my car last week, and was able to use some of the knowledge gleamed from this forum (and the previous install with Mark's car) and have had absolutely no noises/problems with mine. Thankfully he just ordered the SAP dampers, so we have the perfect opportunity to start from scratch when installing those.
[/quote]fat that's great to hear! I've learned so much from this forum during the short time I've been a member, hopefully your experiences will translate over to helping with Mark's ride, let us know how it goes...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks yeah I actually found some of the other threads after posting in here lol
I think I will go ahead and pay for it do be done for the piece of mind it will give me.
Also does anyone know if I go with the Ford springs and have a dealership do it will it be ok waranty wise ???? Or if I go with others by a licenced Wrench are they covered anyway ??

Thanks by the way I got my se at noon and it was hard as hell coming in to work today the only thing that got me in here was I knew I could get out here and surf to get my fix lol. My damn wife and kids are prob driving all over town in my new car as we speak aaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggg lol.

My poor wife would not even come with me to pick it up lol. I have worked at Ford for 13yrs in that time I have purchased new: 1 F-150, 1 Thunderbird, 2 Mustangs 1 lx, 1 G.T. and a ranger. NONE of those compared to how bad I wanted the fusion. I LOVED it from the time I saw it at the detroit Auto show but was stuck in my old veihicle so had to wait.

THe best part is now that we have a reliable "family" car me and my son were also given the green light to pick up a 5liter Mustang for fixin up so I am really pumped about learning as I go with the whole car thing. I starting getting into it last year when my breaks went and I could not afford to have them done so I got the parts and replaced them myself with some help from a friend. The feeling of knowing you did somthing was great but I don't have any friends around to walk me through things anymore so I will prob have a lot of the work on the fusion done pro as well as to not viod the waranty.

Thanks guys I am pumped with be keeping a pictoral record of my car and the changes I plan to make as I go :)

I have a friend who owns a sign making company and already have him printing up some decals for my break pads as we speak

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, on the 10th / 11th it will be fixed - PLENTY of pics to accompany so that people don't make the same mistakes!!! :)

My car is very adventurous though I must say. At lunch (the 20ish minutes I get), it's almost a mystery after I run the dog out of my car what kind of loud pops I'm going to get when driving back to the office to park again :)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have had Eibach's installed on my ride since April and I love them. I posted about the AG's after spotting them on Ebay. If I had spotted them at the time of purchasing my springs, I wouldn't have a problem using them instead. It looks good...

Though, i think I'll be getting some coil overs sooner than later. :)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, the Eibach dive/squat issues and the whole cornering thing are well worth the price of the upgrade. And, if I turn the music up just loud enough (RIGHT to the point where my eardrums start bleeding), I can't notice the sound, so that's cool. 8)

And, 08-Con-Fusion, I spoke at pretty great length about warranty issues post-Eibach. From what I could get from both the dealership and FoMoCo Customer Service, installing the springs will keep the warranty intact with the exception that it will void the warranty on the spring seats (of all things) in the rear and the front dampers and shock seat in the front. Why? Because these are the pieces that the spring comes into direct contact with. I asked about whether or not it would void the warranty on the rear dampers and I was told that it would not. As long as the springs were installed by a "professional", then everything ELSE should be OK. But, in the car world, the words "installed by a professional" is a very loose term.

Even then, they have to prove that whatever is fubarred was fubarred because of the springs you installed. They might be able to provide enough evidence to not cover the dampers or the spring seats, but that's about it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=92826.msg1826476#msg1826476 date=1193974553]
Well, the Eibach dive/squat issues and the whole cornering thing are well worth the price of the upgrade. And, if I turn the music up just loud enough (RIGHT to the point where my eardrums start bleeding), I can't notice the sound, so that's cool. 8)

And, 08-Con-Fusion, I spoke at pretty great length about warranty issues post-Eibach. From what I could get from both the dealership and FoMoCo Customer Service, installing the springs will keep the warranty intact with the exception that it will void the warranty on the spring seats (of all things) in the rear and the front dampers and shock seat in the front. Why? Because these are the pieces that the spring comes into direct contact with. I asked about whether or not it would void the warranty on the rear dampers and I was told that it would not. As long as the springs were installed by a "professional", then everything ELSE should be OK. But, in the car world, the words "installed by a professional" is a very loose term.

Even then, they have to prove that whatever is fubarred was fubarred because of the springs you installed. They might be able to provide enough evidence to not cover the dampers or the spring seats, but that's about it.
[/quote]

Thanks this is good info I think as I am not able to do this kind of project myself I am going to have my dealership do it. Using the Ford springs they say they give you a 1.5" drop and that is about the going drop anyway. I am going to try and have my car dyno tested next week or thanksgiving weekend first while it is off the floor stock then continually dyno'd through the whole modding process. I have a 2.3l auto so it would be the slowest stock fusion I believe :) but it won't be when I am done I am going to start a project thread when the money is acutally in place to start the whole process. The idea is my son is a freshman in high school and I want to take the four years for me and him to get it done and then he can take it to college it will be paid for and a reliable driving car for him and oh yeah Then I get me a new one he he

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys, if i use the ag springs to drop my fusion, what size of rims would fit perfectly with it? 18s 19s or 20s? i have an SE I4....and could i drive it in toronto's winter weather after lowing the car with no rims? thank you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.